Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What book are you most interested in purchasing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Dan, if you mean WoT, I am pretty sure they pushed it to 2012.
    Hmm that's weird, as I'm seeing conflicting info. On their website on the books menu it lists "A Memory of Light (Fall 2011)" but if you click on it it says that it could be finished late 2011, but more likely 2012. He better finish it this fall, I've been reading 1 WoT book a year for years now.... lol.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

frik51, I did not read my set of Wot, but I had read the series through 7 and I think it's well worth the time!!...
      Oh, I believe so. From what I've read so far, I kinda liked it.
      But, after a two year break I'd have to start reading all over again - and as I'm a slow reader (I like to savour a book) it's going to take me a very long time to do so.
      More important, there are other books I like to read first - series I've also collected unread. For example, the George R.R. Martin A Song of Ice and Fire series. Or Patrick Rothfuss' The Killer Chronicle, Stephen Donaldson's Chronicles of Thomas Covenant (all 10 books), Justin Kronin's vampire trilogy (The Passage is the first) and more.

Plus:

Right now I am finishing Memories of Ice by Steven Erikson...
      Yes! That's the series of books I'd like to read (again). It's a very demanding set of books, but Erikson is one amazing author. I'm not sure why he isn't mention more often - not only here, but whenever fantasy books are discussed.
      he is practically the very best!

sk

Comment

I've only read the first Rothfuss so far, but I absolutely LOVED it!! I love Donadlson too!! Not always the most "cheerful" books, but he's pretty much my favorite author. You should check out his two book series which contained Mirror of Her Dreams and A Man Rides Through. Great great stuff. And of course GRRM is priceless.

I would LOVE to see CD break into the fantasy market someday!!!

Comment

I love Donadlson too!! Not always the most "cheerful" books, but he's pretty much my favorite author. You should check out his two book series which contained Mirror of Her Dreams and A Man Rides Through. Great great stuff.And of course GRRM is priceless.
          Yes, I have read Mordant's Need - an like everything Donaldson, loved it. I was also enormously impressed with his The Gap series - a SF series like no other.
          But...what's GRRM?? I am very bad at abbreviations.

sk

Comment

George R. R. Martin - Ice and Fire series.

Comment

Originally posted by njhorror View Post
              I've been collecting along those lines myself until recently when a financial setback put an end to collecting.

I'd contemplated selling some of my harder to find titles, but I'd rather eat them than sell them at today's prices on eBay.
              Yeah, finances really do stunt a collection... I've recently calmed down alot - I hate the current value of some items and would never resell them for that rate. Previously I traded alot of my Delirium, etc... with other dealers for books I was more interested in

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Case View Post
                Yeah, finances really do stunt a collection... I've recently calmed down alot - I hate the current value of some items and would never resell them for that rate. Previously I traded alot of my Delirium, etc... with other dealers for books I was more interested in
                Yeah, I don't blame you, though it is great for someone late to the collecting market, like me, lol
                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                  Yeah, I don't blame you, though it is great for someone late to the collecting market, like me, lol
                  Absolutely - your in a great period for collecting! Alot of limiteds go for a fraction of their original cover price or proported worth of several years back. You could really clean up. I do benefit from the current market as well when filling in gaps or upgrading my library on certain items so I can't really complain - good hunting!

Comment

What book are you most interested in purchasing?

Wow, that's a tough question. If it's only a pipe dream, I could name a list of Holy Grail type items...but if I'm looking realistically, my top 2 would be:

1) The S/L "coffin" edition of The Stand. My all time favorite book, I need this for my collection!

2) Someone in the Dark--the second book published by Arkham House (1941). This would really be a nice addition to my Arkham House collection.

Comment

Since I have so many books already, I decided to buy just a few a year...no room for them all anymore, plus all the comics I have.
                      But the book I will want the most, will be the new DT limited being published by Grant next year. Believe it or not, I've never read any of the DT series; I bought them for collectible reasons..I have the last three all limiteds, but I wish they were different numbers. All are 911.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                        Since I have so many books already, I decided to buy just a few a year...no room for them all anymore, plus all the comics I have.
                        But the book I will want the most, will be the new DT limited being published by Grant next year. Believe it or not, I've never read any of the DT series; I bought them for collectible reasons..I have the last three all limiteds, but I wish they were different numbers. All are 911.
                        I suggeest you read the DT series. they are awesome books. I would say they are the best book series I have ever read. The DT series is the best books written by Stephen King.

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
                          The DT series is the best books written by Stephen King.
                          The first four, a definite yes.
                          I'm not so sure about the last three, though.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                            The first four, a definite yes.
                            I'm not so sure about the last three, though.sk
                            I agree, but I thought creativity, originality and focus dropped off after number 2. I prefer the original five short stories of the Gunslinger to the revised text where King made them into a novel and did some foreshadowing.

2 is the best of the series and one of King's best.
                            3 was a disappointment.
                            4 left me shaking my head.
                            5 was just awful.
                            6 was pretty good.
                            7 had it's moments, tho I can think of a better ending.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                              3 was a disappointment.
                              4 left me shaking my head.
                              3 LOVED it
                              4 the best of the series by far. Plus one of King's all-round best books ever.

sk

Comment

I would love to fine an affordable first/first of Koontz's Watchers. Still one of my top books of his.

Comment

Working...
                                X