Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What book are you most interested in purchasing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pixie View Post
    So far, I don't have any signed limited edtion books. These are just way out of my price range.
    One day you will, Pixie!

sk

Comment

If we start talking the upper end of my price range, I've been looking for 1st edition, 1st printings of The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. I've also been looking for 1st / 1st's of most of Terry Brooks stuff, I only have paperback's and ebooks for his stuff.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        I've also been looking for 1st / 1st's of most of Terry Brooks stuff, I only have paperback's and ebooks for his stuff.
        I remember having a 1st/1st HC of The Sword of Shannara growing up, but after reading it, I gave it to my town library (I was 11 years old, and I didn't have any room for more books in my room. I've been kicking myself for years over that one.) Now i've got Easton Press' signed edition. It has all the B/W Hildebrandt illustrations, but not the full-color pull out, and a new front piece art. The rest are all paperbacks and trade HCs.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I got that book too, although I still can't bring myself to take it out of the plastic wrap. That's my most expensive book ever, and what if a stray dust mote should drop onto it?

Comment

Originally posted by Felinda View Post
            I got that book too, although I still can't bring myself to take it out of the plastic wrap. That's my most expensive book ever, and what if a stray dust mote should drop onto it?
            Expensive or not, do take it out of the wrap!
            Books are made for reading - especially the limited editions.
            Touching one of those.....smelling it.....AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh...

sk

Comment

If we start talking the upper end of my price range, I've been looking for 1st edition, 1st printings of The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. I've also been looking for 1st / 1st's of most of Terry Brooks stuff, I only have paperback's and ebooks for his stuff.
              I actually have a FIrst/First of Elfstones and Wishsong. The Elfstones has a crease on the left side of the jacket that was there when I bought it. I also have a book club edition of Sword. Obviously Sword doesn't have the same value as a BCE, but at least it matches the two true firsts. Not that someone would probably actually read these, but Elfstones was so tight, if you did read it, I think it would really show.

I have the first 12?? Shannara books overall First/First and almost all signed. I actually had Terry sign some of them with his full name "Terrance Dean Brooks" just to have a few signed differently.

I have not idea what any of them would be worth, but I have considered selling them many times....

Comment

Elfstone's and Wishsong, are probably worth about $300 a pieces, more if they're signed. A 1s/1st Sword of Shannara is probably worth $600+, signed I've seen them selling for over $1000. The rest of them are worth under $200 most under $100. The 1st / 1st's of the wheel of time stuff are some of the first thing's on my hit list. I'll probably start working on the Brook's stuff after that, although I doubt I'll ever get a 1st printing of The Sword of Shannara they're just so expensive.

Instagram

Comment

I actually have First/Firsts of the enitre WoT series that I bought myself as they came out starting in '90. The first seven of the series are signed. One of my "lucky" purchases was about 15? years ago....I found a shrink wrapped set of the first three Thomas Covenant books in remainders at a chain book store for $30. None of them were first printing, but I had finally found the first three in hardback and for such a deal!!!

Comment

Very nice!

Instagram

Comment

I actually asked Robert Jordan to sign his full name in a couple and it was like 5 names long!!!

Comment

I need to find the TOR reissue trade hardback of Lumley's The Source.....only problem is I found the other 4 of the main series at regular price or in remainders and the only copies of The Source I've seen were a good bit more expensive.

Comment

The 1st / 1st's of the wheel of time stuff are some of the first thing's on my hit list.
                          I purchased the whole series -except for the last book.
                          I was planning to read it once finished, and did read the first four books, but then something happened -looooong story- and I had to stop reading for a couple of years.
                          Now I've lost interest and I'm planning on selling my books one of these days.
                          And yes, most -not all- are 1st/1st editons in unread condition.

sk

Comment

frik51, I did not read my set of Wot, but I had read the series through 7 and I think it's well worth the time!! Granted, I hear Path of Daggers was a boring read, but the series overall still had a lot of merit. Right now I am finishing Memories of Ice by Steven Erikson.....very detailed and interesting series so far, but somewhat a tough read because it seems there are even more people referenced than Erikson and Martin's books combined. Plus the start of the series just drops you in the middle of the story and very slowly gives you bits of clarification.

Comment

The series will be complete this year (November I think), so if you're someone who doesn't like to start unfinished series, it won't be unfinished for long.

Instagram

Comment

The series will be complete this year (November I think), so if you're someone who doesn't like to start unfinished series, it won't be unfinished for long.
                                Dan, if you mean WoT, I am pretty sure they pushed it to 2012.

Comment

Working...
                                X