Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What book are you most interested in purchasing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I think the problem is that you live too damn far away!!! The United States is a BIG country. Plenty of room. Cheaper shipping from CD if you move here. Think about it!!!
    Haha, I have lived there - well, almost; a couple of miles -literally-from your Washington (state) border - right opposite Sumas; pretty close to Bellingham.
    I used to live in Canada (British Columbia).
    I'd love to re-live those years!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
      Haha, I have lived there - well, almost; a couple of miles -literally-from your Washington (state) border - right opposite Sumas; pretty close to Bellingham.
      I used to live in Canada (British Columbia).
      I'd love to re-live those years!

sk
      Yeah, i used to live in New Jersey... Ahh, the good old days, when shipping costs didn't hurt much and orders never took over 3 weeks to arrive...

Comment

Although I think this is doable at some point I want/need the hardcover version of Cycle of the Werewolf!

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
          The book I was most interesed in purchasing was The Gunslinger, by Stephen King. I wanted a first edition. At first I got a first edition 3rd printing for $80. then I saw a first edition second printing for $175 (which I thought was an awesome price!) Maybe someday I will get a first edition first printing, but right now the best price I saw was $400 and that is just too much for me to pay for just one book.

The most expiensive book I ever purchsed was Knowing Darkness (a collection of Stephen King artwork) I paid $325 for it. I bought beacuse I wanted to have and see all of the different types of Stephen King Artwork. I could have the artwork from limited edition books like Firestarter, Christine and Skeletion Crew without having to purchase all of these books seperately.

So far, I don't have any signed limited edtion books. These are just way out of my price range. I am happy to have gift editions and artist editons.

I was lucky enough to have someone recommend The Dark Tower in 1980 from Donald Grant. I paid $20.00 for the first edition! Little did I know it would end being the most expensive book on my shelf. I do buy some of SK's gift editions, but anything more is just too much. I have all of his books in hardback and I can't imagine ever selling them.

Comment

I have 2 duplicate Signed limited 10 1000 copies of the "Stories From the Plague Years" and "The Secret Backs of Things"- anyone have a book they would like to trade for a copy of both? I'm looking for a unsigned CD edition "From a Buick Eight", or a unsigned CD version of "Full dark ,no Stars" ;if there is a nibble i have an unsigned Uk hardcover that has never been read with blue cornfield Dust-jacket-alternate to sweeten the deal ,this edition is perfect from Hodder and Stoughton -and unsigned/rare item actually in U.S.. I also have duplicate "Slipcased Signed Robin Furth's complete limited Dark t Tower Concordance". The way i see it I only "need" one of each of these books which i ended up with 3 signed doubles ,since I am in the book club and I ordered some grab-bags .If anyone needs to fill a gap I'll make a fair ,equitable trade-if anyone.. wishesI just want to fill some gaps and not have duplicates. Beambounder. You never know what you are going to get in the book club, so I purchased and ended up with 3 signed twin sets.

Comment

I could not agree more Frik. Books as i'objects d'art are sensual, the choice paper,the rippled covers,or smooth leather, the ARTWORK-if you do not open it, you MAY never read it.It may be forgotten. As the French say Arrosier C'est La vie- Drink up Have a good time -also Eros C'est la vie la vie .Eros that is life. Pleasure get it while you can. think if you open and look at a limited first ,first,signed edition you are one of a few choice people. It makes you. very honored,to have that rare relationship,with the author,illustrators,book designers, and graphic artists that very few have. Open it ,unless you are ONLY interested in investment. Beambounder

Comment

Really would like a UK 1st Night Shift to complete my UK 1st's

Comment

Creepshow and Cycle of the Werewolf by Stephen King.

Comment

Originally posted by fmancino View Post
                    Creepshow and Cycle of the Werewolf by Stephen King.
                    Is the COTW the limited hardcover?

Comment

Actually I'm looking to purchase almost all the 1st editions of Stephen King books.

My wife and I seperarted almost 2 months ago and yesterday I noticed the my gift edition of Lisey's stoty was out of the wrapper so I pick it up took it out of its slip case to find the it was marked all over in permanent marker and pages were ripped out. Then I noticed that The Stand Complete and Uncut was gone and so was Dreamcatcher. Now I was really starting to worry so i started going through my Stephen king books and so far 22 of them have either pages torn out or marked on. Now theses were all first edition hard covers The Stand , Christine, Cujo, Different seasons, It, the bachman books, Thinner, She missed Carrie thank god. Creepshow, Insomnia, Nightshift. and so on most of these books i had before we ever met. I started getting Stephen king book 30 years ago And some of theses I finally got the real first edition instead of the bookclub edition. the shining was the only one i had to get for the real first edition. Now starting all over again. So once my house sells it will be time to start buying again. She also marked over 3 of my Cd books I recently bought . Glad she missed the rest of them ... There done bitching .....

Comment

Just horrible.
                        I do hope you'll be able to replace your treasures.
                        Good luck!

sk

Comment

Wow. I'd suggest taking her to court for that. I'd suggest destroying things she values too but that could result in issues with the law lol
                          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Ouch!!!

And I thought losing an original "The Empire Strikes Back" movie poster to a vindictive...hmmm...was bad.

I can appreciate the 30 years of collecting King's work. I've done the same thing...

Damn!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

OMG sorry to hear that, hope you get some new ones soon!

Comment

Creepshow, $30

Comment

Working...
                                X