Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What book are you most interested in purchasing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I wouldn't mind having a 1st print of Salem's Lot with the misprinted price, Fathy Cody instead of Father Callahan in the book flap and whatever the third mistake was. Of course, I can also think of a few other things that $100,000 should probably be spent on instead...
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      7 had it's moments, tho I can think of a better ending.
      I honestly loved the ending from the start. In a way I didn't like that Roland and company had to do it all over again, but at the same time it made sense and also provided hope that this next time might be his last time going through it. I can understand why some didn't like it though
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

*SPOILER ALERT* ending of DT discussed

I like the idea that Roland had to go thru the whole thing again as he regains his humanity a little at a time. This time tho, he has the Horn of Eld with him which might make a difference. How many times has this cycle gone on? Who knows.

What I thought was missing was moral choice. At the top of the DT, I would have put two doors-- one with the desert at the beginning of the Gunslinger, one with the chaos that Mid-World had become when the beams broke and the DT has cumbled. Not a happy ending, but rest, if not peace for Roland.

Then I would have enemies charge him and force Roland to make a quick decision.

I would have ended the book with "The black man fled across the desert..."

Was Roland following him?

Who knows.

I love anti-climatic endings.
        Last edited by srboone; 05-24-2011, 09:50 PM.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I've ordered a couple that I'm really looking forward to, such as In Laymon's Terms from CD and Harlan Ellison's The Glass Teat & The Other Glass Teat from Charnel House.

One that I really lust after is the Lettered Edition of the Centipede Press 'Salem's Lot. I actually got a really nice copy of the cheaper Limited edition from Betts Books recently, but I still want the Lettered.

I'd also like to buy that set of asbestos covered books I see online - Firestarter and Fahrenheit 451. I think it was around $30k for those

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
            I've ordered a couple that I'm really looking forward to, such as In Laymon's Terms from CD and Harlan Ellison's The Glass Teat & The Other Glass Teat from Charnel House.

One that I really lust after is the Lettered Edition of the Centipede Press 'Salem's Lot. I actually got a really nice copy of the cheaper Limited edition from Betts Books recently, but I still want the Lettered.

I'd also like to buy that set of asbestos covered books I see online - Firestarter and Fahrenheit 451. I think it was around $30k for those
            Yeah, I'm in for a Glass Teat... ahem, Ellison's collection of essays about TV due out from Charnel House - priced at a cool $700 this is the most money I've seen as a base price for a "regular" Charnel House limited go for (now lettereds range in the thousands I know.. and forget the secondary market - this excludes The Regulators as this was done by Joe for Dutton if I"m not mistaken). Looks to be huge and very cool!

Comment

I've been saving up for the recently-announced Lee Brown Coye and Hannes Bok editions from Centipede Press. Their books are very expensive, but they're so well done. A nasty addiction, I guess, but at least it won't kill me - as long as one of those massive volumes doesn't crush my chest as I'm reading it on the couch! Centipede is also supposed to do Leiber's OUR LADY OF DARKNESS, which just might be my all-time favorite horror novel. I think I've also heard that Subterranean is going to release McCammon's THEY THIRST. I'm looking forward to that, too. Of course, there is also the out-of-the-blue stuff that suddenly lurches into view, like CD's just-announced Russo zombie book!

Comment

Subterranean is supposed to do They Thirst, Bethany's Sin, Night Boar and Stinger at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                  Subterranean is supposed to do They Thirst at some point.
                  Dark Harvest came with a very nice limited years ago.

Would McCammon even allow a second limited edition?

sk

Comment

If I recall correctly, Subterranean already mentioned it on their website a while back along with Bethany and Night Boat. I don't recall if Stinger was officially mentioned on their site, but maybe it is Hunter who mentioned it? I know I read it somewhere.

Comment

Brad is right, Subterranean plans to do limiteds of Bethany's Sin, The Night Boat, They Thirst (yes, even after the Dark Harvest limited), and Stinger. I don't have timeframes for any of these yet. Stinger was originally announced at the same time the limited of The Wolf's Hour was announced, but then they signed the deal for the first four books, and I'm not sure when Stinger will be done.

Hunter

Comment

The only important thing.....they WILL be done!!! SWEET!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                          The only important thing.....they WILL be done!!! SWEET!!!
                          Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                            Subterranean Press is definitely worth a look. I just ordered their The Horror Stories of Rober E. Howard. looks like a great book!

sk

that looks amazing! now i wish i had $150 dollars to spend on books...

Comment

That's a gorgeous book, isn't it?!
                              It has been shipped weeks ago, but still hasn't arrived.
                              Hm...

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                                It has been shipped weeks ago, but still hasn't arrived.
                                Hm...

sk
                                I think the problem is that you live too damn far away!!! The United States is a BIG country. Plenty of room. Cheaper shipping from CD if you move here. Think about it!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X