Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What book are you most interested in purchasing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    I'm kind of confused about all these limited editions. I can't keep track of which publisher published what books...nor which ones will be upcoming.
    I'd love a checklist (if possible, with illustrations) of what out there and what will be.

thanks!

sk
    Haven't heard of any new edition by sub press, nor do I see anything on their site about a new edition of GoT. They have published Storm of Swords and Feast for Crows, but those are long sold out. The harper voyager edition I pointed out earlier is the newest and only special edition I have come across so far, although I have not scoured the interwebs for available editions.

Comment

OK - thanks, Pete.
      I'm really glad you pointed out the Harper Voyager edition.
      Quite affordable.

sk

Comment

Yeah, the price is not so bad. I'm thinking it might drop a bit upon release.

How's your vacation going?

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
          Haven't heard of any new edition by sub press, nor do I see anything on their site about a new edition of GoT. They have published Storm of Swords and Feast for Crows, but those are long sold out. The harper voyager edition I pointed out earlier is the newest and only special edition I have come across so far, although I have not scoured the interwebs for available editions.
          SubPress mentioned the new editions of Game and Clash in an email a little while back. Their editions are shorter than the orginal Meisha Merlin editions and GRRM and SubPress agreed they should make a new Game and Clash to match their Storm and Feast. I'm sure if you email Bill at SubPress, he can confirm them for you.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
            SubPress mentioned the new editions of Game and Clash in an email a little while back. Their editions are shorter than the orginal Meisha Merlin editions and GRRM and SubPress agreed they should make a new Game and Clash to match their Storm and Feast. I'm sure if you email Bill at SubPress, he can confirm them for you.
            Oh, so that's why there is no info on the website.

Comment

I wish Koontz's Frankenstein series would be released in HC formats. Alas, even if they were I doubt I could afford any of them right now LOL.
              Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                I wish Koontz's Frankenstein series would be released in HC formats. Alas, even if they were I doubt I could afford any of them right now LOL.
                I would like that. I haven't read the series yet, so the would be the perfect incentive for me to buy them.

Comment

wow! She sure was jealous of your books. Women are crazy
                  It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

I read the first two books and thought they were probably the best things Koontz has ever written. Of course, I'm not really a fan of his books, so it doesn't take much, but I thoroughly enjoyed those ones.

I haven't read the third yet, but my sister loves Koontz and she said it was terrible.
                    "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Comment

I thought it was alright. Funny at times even. I actually think the 4th is the 2nd best, and the 2nd dragged a little. Overall though, the tale is great.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                        I wish Koontz's Frankenstein series would be released in HC formats.
                        I was at Borders yesterday and saw one of them (the final book??) in the HC format.
                        (Maybe we discussed this before..??)

sk
                        Last edited by frik51; 07-17-2011, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Book 4 was the only one released in hc. Book 5 is the most recent and just came out in May.

Comment

Ya, for some reason they released #4 in HC, but none of the others????? I don't get this marketing scheme. I mean, I could understand if they released 4, 5, & 6 in HC, because that would make sense. But to release 4 as HC, and then not 5 just is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by the_last_gunslinger View Post
                              I read the first two books and thought they were probably the best things Koontz has ever written. Of course, I'm not really a fan of his books, so it doesn't take much, but I thoroughly enjoyed those ones.

I haven't read the third yet, but my sister loves Koontz and she said it was terrible.
                              Wow really? I some of his books on eBay a couple weeks ago...a seller was offering buy 2, get 1 free, so I got 6 for less than 10 bucks...have no clue how you can make a profit that way, but most were Koontz novels I never heard of: Sole Survivor and Tick Tock...any good? I got Ketchum's Cover and Peaceable Kingdom. And 2 more I can't even think of. Oh yes, King's Nightmares and Dreamscapes I was sure I read, but can't remember doing so. Most of my King novels sans the limiteds, are SKL versions and most are still rotting away at my grandmother's.

Comment

Tick Tock was not all that good but it's a quick read. Koontz has done better.

Comment

Working...
                                X