No announcement yet.

New short story by King and Joe Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, he did say that editing the "Year's Best Short Story" collection a few years ago re-energized his interest in short stories. He's one of the many that are upset that the markets are dwindling and the short story form almost seems to be on its last legs, so I think he's doing what he can to help keep interest high.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I would also like to see his story "Weeds" (the basis for Creepshow's The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill"). It's only been published twice, both times in men's magazines. I don't think it's ever been published anywhere else.

John

Comment

If the crate was not in a collection then how did I manage to read it already?

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
          If the crate was not in a collection then how did I manage to read it already?
          I would assume in Shivers 6, unless you happen to own July 1979 issue of Gallery maybe?

Brian
          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Neither. Weird. I have eversions of alot of short stories but haven't read any of them yet. Maybe I just think I read it because I am remembering it from Creepshow? Its possible. I still keep thinking I have READ it though.

Comment

Happy to say I have both!
              Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
              I would assume in Shivers 6, unless you happen to own July 1979 issue of Gallery maybe?

Brian

Comment

The Crate was also collected in the Fantasy Annual 3 (1981) and The Arbor House Treasury of Horror and the Supernatural (1981) and its multiple reprints.

Weeds has never been reprinted except for its two publications in Cavalier May 1976 and Nugget April 1979.

John

Comment

In the Tall Grass has an interesting Part 1 set-up. Hill's comments in an interview about collaborating with his dad (page 32 of the Junes issue) gives me great hope for next installment: "We fucked it all up in Part 2."
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

U didn't wait for the second part? I'm a read it all at once kinda person. I'll be waiting for sure. Gotta get my hands on one asap though before the decent copies are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      Hill's comments in an interview about collaborating with his dad (page 32 of the Junes issue) gives me great hope for next installment: "We fucked it all up in Part 2."
                      HA!
                      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                        U didn't wait for the second part? I'm a read it all at once kinda person. I'll be waiting for sure. Gotta get my hands on one asap though before the decent copies are gone.
                        Well, Needful Things is going pretty slowly for me and I needed something quick to read. Only took 20 minutes and I won't mind rereading it again in three months.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I loved the monthly instalments of the green mile.The wait only inhanced the experience for me.So when I go pick up this magazine it will be just fine to wait for the next instalment.Unless I forget to get it.

Comment

But it will be a 3-month wait...
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Not really. its two months. Its June "Now"(Tomorrow) So you have to wait June/July. Its out the first of August...or if like this month about a week before that.

Comment

It's still a while...
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X