AAWWOOOOOOOO!!! Werewolf books..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
    I also remember enjoying "Wolfen" when it read it many, many moons ago.
    I've read "The Wolfen" a few times, and I still like the movie, even though it's a bit dated. Whitley Strieber also wrote "The Hunger", which I really enjoyed and I will still watch the movie at least every couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      Thought shalt not say trilogy!!!! He might get mad and not write the next 7!!! LOL!!!
      Fortunately, he's almost finished with The Providence Rider, the fourth Matthew Corbett novel.

Hunter

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions.
        -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
        gamertag : calason

Comment

Was Cycle of the Werewolf a fascinating read?

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
            Has anyone read Peter David's "Howling Mad"? It concerns a wolf who gets bitten by a werewolf and every full moon turns human. Very funny. I also remember enjoying "Wolfen" when it read it many, many moons ago.
            This sounds great! Def going to check it out.
            -Chris Lason-

nerd alert

Comment

The closest I've come to writing a werewolf novel was with MASTER OF THE MOORS, which focused on the strogoi - a vampire/werewolf hybrid. My favorite book in this genre, however, has to be Robert McCammon's WOLF'S HOUR.
              http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
                The closest I've come to writing a werewolf novel was with MASTER OF THE MOORS, which focused on the strogoi - a vampire/werewolf hybrid. My favorite book in this genre, however, has to be Robert McCammon's WOLF'S HOUR.
                Wolf's Hour is amazing. I lost my original copy, couldn't afford that gorgeous new Subterranean version, but I managed to find used paperback for around four bucks, so I'm good.
                http://louis-eldest.livejournal.com/

Comment

Yep, one of my favorite McCammons, though I have yet to read SWAN SONG.
                  http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

Swan Song is awesome. Much more than a Stand imitation and well worth reading.

sk

Comment

I'll slip off topic slighty. My favorite Werewolf short story. Karl Edward Wagner's "Reflections for the Winter of my Soul". Part of the Kane Cycle.

Comment

I just read Cherie Priest's Dreadful Skin (out-of-print, but available for Kindle here (and hardcopies are available from Amazon sellers). I enjoyed it a lot and would rank it fourth or fifth in my favorites list (after The Wolf's Hour, Jeffrey Sackett's Lycanthropos (Mark of the Werewolf), and Al Sarrantonio's Moonbane).

Hunter

Comment

Here's a rare on: The Orphan, by Robert Kallman. From 1985, it features a creature whose core identity is the wolf, not the human. It can change human identities at will. I think this book is part of a trilogy.
                          http://iwritehorror.blogspot.com

Comment

The limited hc of Undertaker's Moon (formerly Moon of the Werewolf / Zebra Books 1991) will be out in September from Thunderstorm Books. It'll boast the cool Alex McVey blue werewolf cover and more Irish werewolf shenanigans in the form of a brand new novella. Book One in the Essential Ronald Kelly Collection.

Comment

Another rec for MOONBANE - especially the CD HC with the spooky cover by Alan M Clark and the cool interior art by Keith Minnion.

I also enjoyed Lorne Dixon's SNARL.

Just heard that Harry Shannon has revised his hard to find NIGHT OF THE WEREWOLF and renamed it CLAN. I'm anxious to revisit this story.

Keep Smiling, Jan
                              Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald Kelly View Post
                                The limited hc of Undertaker's Moon (formerly Moon of the Werewolf / Zebra Books 1991) will be out in September from Thunderstorm Books. It'll boast the cool Alex McVey blue werewolf cover and more Irish werewolf shenanigans in the form of a brand new novella. Book One in the Essential Ronald Kelly Collection.
                                I went to the website and couldn't find an option to order, is it already sold out? The cover art looks amazing.
                                -Chris Lason-

nerd alert

Comment

Working...
                                X