AAWWOOOOOOOO!!! Werewolf books..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAWWOOOOOOOO!!! Werewolf books..

What are some of everyone's favorite werewolf books? Of all the werewolf books I've read, I think my fave might be Al Sarantonio's Moonbane. I couldn't put it down, the pacing was unrelenting and EVERY page lent itself to the continuation of the story. I also really liked his werewolves and there origins.
    -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
    gamertag : calason

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I thought of Moonbane. Found that one to be a great book as well. Only think I didn't like was that while reading I had an idea for a werewolf story where they didn't change back to human form even when the moon wasn't full, and then shortly after that I discovered that the werewolves I was reading about were like that, though I have a hunch Al did a better job at setting it up and explaining it than I would have been able to come up with
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

Great, now I have Warren Zevon going through my head. I highly recommend Bestial: Werewolf Apocolypse by William D. Carl. I had a lot of fun reading it, and the author is working on a 2nd book right now that I can't wait for!

Comment

Not much of a werewolf fan, I'm afraid. In movies, yes, but not so much in books.
        I've only read King's Cycle of the Werewolf and McCammon's The Wolf's Hour.

sk

Comment

MOONBANE was teriffic, I must admit. And I was quite impressed with THE HOWLING. And of course I've read CYCLE OF THE WEREWOLF. Nothing else really comes to mind..
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Wolf's Hour is a classic!!!

Comment

The Wolf's Hour is my favorite werewolf novel, with Jeffrey Sackett's Mark of the Werewolf a close second. The original version of that novel, called Lycanthropos, is available as an ebook from Crossroads Press (click here to purchase; you can also read about how it differs from Mark of the Werewolf on that page). Al Sarrantonio's Moonbane is my third-favorite. I also really enjoyed Steve Vance's The Hyde Effect and Steve Ruthenbeck's The Dogs of War.

Hunter

Comment

I have Moonbane on the shelf and have not read it yet. This thread has me thinking it should be my next book to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Antmusic View Post
                  Great, now I have Warren Zevon going through my head. I highly recommend Bestial: Werewolf Apocolypse by William D. Carl. I had a lot of fun reading it, and the author is working on a 2nd book right now that I can't wait for!
                  Warren Zevon was going through my head when I started this. Bestial: Werewolf Apocolypse is a great read.

Frik and bsaen, I have been meaning to get a copy of The wolf's Hour. So it IS that good then?

Goat, excellent suggestions. I will track all of them down
                  -Chris Lason-

nerd alert

Comment

DO IT! Such a great read.
                    -Chris Lason-

nerd alert

Comment

Originally posted by calason View Post

Frik and bsaen, I have been meaning to get a copy of The wolf's Hour. So it IS that good then?
                      calason, Wolf's Hour is OUTSTANDING as a werewolf novel, as a historical fiction novel and simply as a well written compusively readable book. It doesn't matter if you get the Subterranean edition of simply the old massmarket paperback. It is a must read!!!!

Comment

Well....I was not too impressed - as I usually am with a McCammon book.
                        It was quick read, lots of action, but somehow disappointing.
                        That's how I remember reading it - way back in '89.
                        Time for a re-read, I think.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                          Well....I was not too impressed - as I usually am with a McCammon book.
                          It was quick read, lots of action, but somehow disappointing.
                          That's how I remember reading it - way back in '89.
                          Time for a re-read, I think.

sk

Really? Hhmmm. I guess there has to be ONE person who didn't love it!!

Comment

Let's just say it was the McCammon book I liked the least, together with Stinger.
                            My favorites are Boy's Life, They Thirst and Swan Song.

sk

Comment

There is also Ravenous by Ray Garton or for a different take The Wolfman by Nicholas Pekearo was very good!

Comment

Working...
                              X