Dave1442397's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    I would never want to live in the states personally. I never want to move out of Canada but if I did the states would be one of the last places I'd go. Basically its Canada only less awesome cuz people shoot each other for no reason and theres twice as many foreiners. not to mention i'd already be in debt with medical bills at this point.
    That's probably a bit of an over dramatization... lol.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Well maybe the shooting each other part(depending on where you live) but I wouldnt call the foreigners and medical bills and exaggeration.

Comment

Well maybe the shooting each other part(depending on where you live) but I wouldnt call the foreigners and medical bills and exaggeration.
        Medical bills maybe not, though I've never had an issue there. I'm not really sure what you mean about the foreigners nor am I really sure how that's a problem / downside to living someplace.

Instagram

Comment

I find foreigners extremely rude.

Comment

I find foreigners extremely rude.
            Maybe we have different foreigners than you do... lol.

Instagram

Comment

well you do actually for the most part. You guys get more mexicans, I don't think I have even seen a mexican in person before. lol. We get egyptians, french, phillipinos, and well americans for the most part. The first 3 of which can be highly rude and the latter depends on the person which more often than not are very rude, no offence. You guys are great.

Comment

I find that the foreigners that come here (America) to make a living are very nice. Granted their culture can clash with ours given the differences in what is considered "acceptable behavior" but there is a learning curve you have to give them. Just like we would need if we were to move to another country.

Comment

The ones that come here get mad at us for not speaking their language even though they can't speak ours and theyre in our country. Thats the one that pisses me off. And they take the jobs we don't have to begin with which is not part of the rudeness it just pisses me off. A guy mason knows came here, worked for 3 years and left with a canada pension at about 30 years old. How does that make sense? I have lived here my whole life, can work for the next 40 years and still wouldn't be able to get a cp until I am 60. This guy can go back home, not even live in canada and get a pension that makes him rich in his own country.

Comment

The only part of the language issue that bothers me is that some will complain that things aren't in their language and expect businesses and other places to provide materials in alternate languages. Don't get me wrong, I think it is great when I go to a place in another country and they have material in English but in no way do I feel that the business is obligated to provide this material. And I know its not easy to learn a second language for some (like me, I took 4 years of spanish and can barely speak it) but to not make an effort is irritating.

Now back to Daves books.

Comment

Was gonna say that. Poor Dave. We need to see more Dave...Do you have a CD grab bag coming?

Comment

Lets see more of those 28 book cases you have.

Comment

Was gonna say that. Poor Dave. We need to see more Dave...Do you have a CD grab bag coming?
                          No grab bags Bentley Little's The Haunted should be arriving today, and something got shipped from Gauntlet Press yesterday, but I have no idea what it is. I better ask my neighbor to look out for UPS packages while we're on vacation!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                            Lets see more of those 28 book cases you have.
                            That might take a while. I really need to clean out the attic just so I can get to some of them.

What I really need to do is go through my CD/Sub Press books and sort out the duplicates. I'm sure I could get rid of some of those.

Comment

Allow me to add my 2 cents to the whole "moving" topic - I'd be fine with just moving back to NJ.

And now back to the books: that was a really good deal on those bookcases!

Comment

Why such a sad mood, Peter??

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X