The Green Mile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Green Mile

Does anyone know if the original Signet paperbacks went through more than one print? I'm debating on ordering a set on ebay but the guy is not answering my emails as to whether they are firsts or not. Probably not a good sign. but for $20 and $7 shipping i'd take my chances if I knew they were firsts.

I have seen copies that are not 1st print, I do not remember which books but at least some of them were not 1st printing only.

Comment

All of the Signet paperbacks of The Green Mile went through multiple printings. The true firsts have a number line that starts with a 1 on each.

John

Comment

Thanks john. Wish the guy would just answer my email.oh well.

Comment

Yeah, I remember buying the original paperbacks one at a time as they came out, and then I bought a full set (still unopened) in shrink wrap with a Microsoft Windows screensaver as part of the package.

I also bought the Subterranean Press edition in hardback, and because it was a pre-order I have my name listed in the back of book six. I went with the unsigned Gift Edition, of which there were 2,000 printed.

Comment

I also got the signed limited, #144 of 148 copies. My name's in the back also.

John

Comment

Me, too. Pictures in my Collection Thread. Not sure if I'm showing either of your names, I didn't show every page.
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Hate you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                  Me, too. Pictures in my Collection Thread. Not sure if I'm showing either of your names, I didn't show every page.
                  Fantastic collection you have there! I saw the pics, but couldn't make out enough detail to see if my name was shown. I must do some collection pics one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                    Hate you guys.
                    Ah, you're young! Plenty of time to catch up. Just wait 'til Grant keels over and his significant other has a yard sale and sells all his books for $1 each

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                      Ah, you're young! Plenty of time to catch up. Just wait 'til Grant keels over and his significant other has a yard sale and sells all his books for $1 each
                      No, I think the infinitely patient Connie knows what Grant has. My wife on the other hand... You may want to check the local Goodwill or dumpsters after I'm gone.
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Gee, thanks, Dave - although, I wouldn't be holding my breath for that to happen (and, yep, Connie knows exactly what the reading room holds - maybe doesn't cotton to the books themselves, but has a country reckoning on the value - although, I'd have to say, my many and various Pennywise effigies will likely wind up in an orphaned clowns home ten minutes after I cark it)

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                          Gee, thanks, Dave - although, I wouldn't be holding my breath for that to happen (and, yep, Connie knows exactly what the reading room holds - maybe doesn't cotton to the books themselves, but has a country reckoning on the value - although, I'd have to say, my many and various Pennywise effigies will likely wind up in an orphaned clowns home ten minutes after I cark it)
                          My wife knows the books are valuable enough that she's not allowed to read them

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                            My wife knows the books are valuable enough that she's not allowed to read them
                            Lol I don't have to worry about that either but that's because they're definitely not things she's interested in
                            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                            Spoiler!

Comment

Same here reading them would never be an issue for her. The little guy now likes the Neil Gaiman children's books (especially "The Wolves in the Walls" and "Crazy Hair") so I have to be careful with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X