No announcement yet.

Knowing Darkness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is a beautiful drawing, of course. I have yet to get anything remarqued in a book or other original sketches but something like that picture would be wonderful to have, especially on that oversized Knowing Darkness paper.

Comment

I just bought this today!! Cant wait to get it, it looks fantastic!! That display case pictured above is awesome! I bought the unsigned slipcase edition. Since this thread is a little old, for those of you that have it already and have read and/or glanced through it, what are your thoughts?

Agreed:that drawing in your version is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing, I was wondering what it looked like....

Comment

Knowing Darkness is an absolutely GORGOUS book: the most beautiful one I own, bar none.
        Congratulations on acquiring it. And do let us know what you think once it has arrived!

sk

Comment

I have not gotten this one yet, but think it would be a great addition if I'm ever able to acquire it, whether signed or not. I remember getting the e-mail about it from CD and wish I could afford it
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

Is it a copy of a drawing--like a print? Or an actual drawing? It's very nice.
            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

I am supremely jealous of all those who own this amazing looking book. Unfortunately just could not afford the $$. I will continue to look and drool.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                Is it a copy of a drawing--like a print? Or an actual drawing? It's very nice.
                It's an original Michael Whelan drawing an came with the traycased editon.
                Well...came......like it came for free..
                NOT!

sk

Comment

I now own the slipcased and traycased versions and they both are bloody brilliant, can't say enough about the quality of them

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                    Knowing Darkness is an absolutely GORGOUS book: the most beautiful one I own, bar none.
                    Congratulations on acquiring it. And do let us know what you think once it has arrived!

sk
                    WOW. Simply.....WOW. As much as I read(as we all do!) I cant find the proper words to describe this. I've only had the chance to flip through it and am already in complete awe....

Comment

And for those of you still not owning this gem -it's still avaiable!
                      Go for it!!

http://www.centipedepress.com/art/skart.html

And no, I don't work for CP nor receive commission.

sk

Comment

Siep aren't you going to frame the original art???

Comment

Thom, you're right!
                          I'll get to it in a few weeks time, once I've returned from my US trip.

sk

Comment

Cool, don't forget to post a pic when you've got it back!

Comment

I will.
                              But, I don't really have an eye for this sort of thing.
                              I mean, should I use a mat? Or just frame it?
                              Suggestions anyone??

sk

Comment

Definately use a mat, imo i think it really lets the piece stand out like my girlfriend did for my Desperation sketch ...

And if you can go for the more expensive glass that doesn't reflect the light so much, i wish i had doen so for some of the older pieces i have framed because with the 2 that i have used the better glass for it makes such a difference! When i get the internet up and running thurs i will start my own collection thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X