Stephen King Ranking Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I read it all as well, and was very well thought out, even if it did come off a bit conspiracy theoristy (yes i know that's not a word). Again though I can't argue one way or another as I haven't read either of them. Though I can say that The Stand was one of his earlier books and he may not have had nearly as much say with the publishers as he does now, so they may have told him that the book was too long which is why the parts that are in the uncut version where cut out. Just speculation though.

If you can say it, spell it, and give it a meaning then its a word.

Comment

Not that Theoristy is all that easy to say. lol

Comment

Having a hard time wrapping my tongue around that one!
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
          Well, to take that a step further, I would guess that in everyone's top 5, the first book they read is there. Again, just a guess, but it seems like whatever a person reads of stephen's, it tends to hook them for life more often than not.
          Not in my case. Carrie's the first book by King I ever read, and though I liked it, the cut The Stand did the hooking-for-life bit...

sk

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            And I'm guessing that of those who voted for the revised version of The Stand, half have never read the original version
            Glad I'm one of the exceptions here, Squire. The original version is the one that bowled me over. To this day I remember reading it, marvelling at King's awesome end-of-the world-as-we-know-it vision, being creeped-out by Flagg (what a softie he had become near the end of the Dark Tower cycle) - the total unique-ness of this book.

And yes, I did vote for the uncut version.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
              I love Tom gordon's simplicity and always say its my favorite
              Maybe I should re-read this book. So far, it's my least-favorite of King's works.
              (sorry...)

sk

Comment

I betcha Squire's absolutely rapt at the performance of W & G in the poll, hey matey ????

Comment

It's OK, because DTII (my favorite DT book) is out pacing W&G. Besides, the world would be a boring place if everybody shared my opinions--I mean, some people have to be wrong. Right?
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I mean, some people have to be wrong. Right?
                    I feel for you, Squire. You wanna talk about it??

sk
                    Last edited by frik51; 05-04-2012, 03:32 PM.

Comment

It's OK, because DTII (my favorite DT book) is out pacing W&G. Besides, the world would be a boring place if everybody shared my opinions--I mean, some people have to be wrong. Right?
                      DTII was also my favorite Dark Tower book.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

As shown by your views on The Stand Uncut.

Comment

Of course, meaning that I'm right and all who disagree with me are wrong, but that's what makes the world interesting!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Either that or the fact that you hold onto the silly belief that The Stand Uncut isn't a classic story.
                            Of course, meaning that I'm right and all who disagree with me are wrong, but that's what makes the world interesting!

Comment

Wait, wait, how can Squire always be right since he doesn't agree with ME on everything. It's a known fact that I'm always right!
                              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I never said that. I just said that, the Frannie stuff notwithstanding, the uncut version diminishes the moral gravity and the overall effectiveness of the classic story. While greatly ehancing the character of Frannie Goldsmiith.
                                Last edited by srboone; 05-04-2012, 06:33 PM.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X