No announcement yet.

Stephen King Ranking Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say read it next as well/ It started off slow for me, but didn't stay that way and I ended up loving it.

I'm going to wait until I read a few more before voting on this right now, but I already know Lisey's Story will be in my top 5.
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

The Cheese stands alone. On 4 of my choices! hahaha. This was very hard, there were so many just right there. And like someone else mentioned, tomorrow, I could think something totally different. Ah, fickle.
      "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

You may only be alone because I have only read one of your choices. On Writing, and it certainly is one of my favorites. I enjoyed learning his opinion on certain things, especially his hate for adverbs which I have noticed he uses more often than I am sure he would ever admit. Some of them even so horribly used that even I wouldnt have used them and I don't even speak right. See? I also loved hearing the stories he told from when he was younger. Fantastic book.

Comment

Well, I make up for those 4 with my Salem's Lot choice. If I could guess, I would say everyone who voted for Salem's Lot -- It's probably the first Stephen King book they read.

What say you Salem's Lot voters, yay or nay?
          "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Oh I read that one too. I missed your name there. I couldnt find your 5th book. So far I'd rank Salems lot somewhere near the bottom of my list. I didn't hate it or anything. the only on I really haven't like AT ALL was insomnia. But Theres so many that I liked alot more than Salems lot

Comment

Now, I really liked Insomnia. I'd have it up there.

Comment

I'm not a SL voter (would be in in my top 10 tho), but I am a The Shining voter and that was the first King I ever read.
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

The Shining and Salems lot were two more recent ones I have read, well two years ago. First Novella I read was Apt Pupil and first actual novel was The Drawing of the Three. Yes I read it before the gunslinger. About 2 years before I really started reading. I had a few shifts I had to work alone at my old job and sent my brother to the library and he took the only king book that was there not knowing it was a series. So I read it, LOVE it and not until another year and a half later I was bored and alone while unemployed and read The Stand. LOVE IT! Then decided to place an order on amazon and back then their free shipping limit was like $75 so I ordered the entire DT series, Lisey's story(as I said I've has this for a long time and never read it), bag of bones, and a few others I believe. Been reading fairly steady but slowly since.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
                    Well, I make up for those 4 with my Salem's Lot choice. If I could guess, I would say everyone who voted for Salem's Lot -- It's probably the first Stephen King book they read.

Almost. I did vote for Salem's Lot as one of my top 5. Skeleton Crew was actually the first King book I read. However, I read Salem's Lot next, so it was the first King novel I read.

Comment

Yep, my first read. And aside from knowledge of the existence of the "Carrie" movie, the "Salem's Lot" mini-series was the first time I really heard of King, and I read the book right after the mini-series.
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I Haven't yet read The Wind through the Keyhole but I'm taking a stab its not better than It.

Comment

Well, to take that a step further, I would guess that in everyone's top 5, the first book they read is there. Again, just a guess, but it seems like whatever a person reads of stephen's, it tends to hook them for life more often than not.

Comment

Well, to take that a step further, I would guess that in everyone's top 5, the first book they read is there. Again, just a guess, but it seems like whatever a person reads of stephen's, it tends to hook them for life more often than not.
                            I think so too.

Comment

Maybe, though that doesn't really work for me at least, as I've really only had any interest in The Dark Tower series and not much else of his.
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

And I'm guessing that of those who voted for the revised version of The Stand, half have never read the original version and the other half are operating under the delusion that bigger is better!
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X