CD Forum Birthday Trivia Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
    When will everyone be notified of my win?

I will be victorious and I will scratch myself!

All of you can take your toys and go home now. Nothing to see here.

okay, I'm just bustin' chops. I didn't answer one question right.
    You are correct on that front. You should post your answers for everyone's amusement. However, because it was soo amusing to me, I decided to send you a prize anyways. I'm not gonna tell what it is, I'll let that be a surprise.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Thank you Dan. I really was just going for a laugh from you. I will post my answers. And here they are. (I need to preface this with, uhmmm, I have this little issue with Shelley Duvall...)

1) What college was Richard Chizmar attending when he created Cemetery Dance magazine? The same one Shelley Duvall went to.

2) When was the first issue of Cemetery Dance magazine published? The year Shelley Duvall's eyeballs popped out of their sockets.

3) What was the first book published by the Cemetery Dance book imprint? The Gunslinger -- The Shelley Duvall Years.

4) What was the tenth book we published? Shivers 0.1 -- Here Comes Shelley.

5) What issue of the magazine featured "Chattery Teeth" by Stephen King? The same one that included acting tips from Shelley Duvall.

6) What was first Dean Koontz Limited Edition we published? Odd Thomas Meets Frankenstein and Shelley Duvall.

7) What year did Cemetery Dance Publications move to our current office? The year Shelley Duvall called to say she was going to visit.

8) How many books did we publish in 2010? 23, 24 if you count Shelley Duvall's love letters to Brian Freeman.

9) Which author have we published the most books by? (Books written or co-written by the author; magazine and anthology appearances not included.) Stephen King.

10) Which author has had the most short stories published in Cemetery Dance magazine? Shelley Duvall who publishes under the pen name, Rick Hautualallalalaaa. (don't know how to spell it.)

Bonus / Tiebreaker: What is Richard's favorite book? Shelley Duvall, Yeast Infections and You.
      Last edited by Hedda Gabler; 05-02-2012, 08:24 PM.
      "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Congratulations to all the winners!
        "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Thanks for the contest Dan!

I was lucky enough to get 4th place.

Congrats to all of the other winners...including Hedda. Those answers were classic!

Comment

I missed two and the bonus, one of the ones I missed I thought I had correct. The others were guesses. Congratulations to the winners! Squire, I believe Taverns of the Dead is one you have been wanting, so double congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations everyone!! Glad to see you on the winners list Squire!!!

And I like your answers Hedda!

Comment

Thanks, Martin! I've passed that one up so many times on the secondary market, Iwas going crazy!
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Hedda, Hedda, Hedda...You are baggin pretty heavily on my girl Shelly! I don't know how to take all this..... (with a sense humor and a big grin! +11!)

And thanks, pete!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    I was so excited I for got to congratulate everybody who won!

Yes, congratz all! ...Especially Amanda.
                    Way to go Squire !!!! Excellent result and well played !!!! --- and to the other guys as well, of course

Comment

Thank you, Mr. Woot! I thought about the Academy Award acceptance speech I wrote in the 2nd grade that I realized, about the age of 17 or so, I'd never have use for due to lack of talent...
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I had 8, but missed the bonus question, otherwise I think I would have been one of the lower ones. Drat! Next time, next time...
                        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Should have just about all the prizes shipped out today. I think I'm still waiting to hear back from one person.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I'm not giving squire any answers anymore. lol

Comment

You gave me the answer to the bonus question, but I'd already sent mine in. I missed the one about the year they moved to the current facilities. I misread the history of CD, I put the year they got the current warehose, I think. Otherwise, I coulda had Four Octobers (not that I'm unhappy at all!) I was concerned that since I sent mine in so early, that someone who spent all week on the thing might have come up with all 11 correct answers.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I think I did the same thing for the new facilities question. Having trouble figuring out which ones I got wrong. lol. the one I left blank is obvious tho

Comment

Working...
                                X