Dust...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dust...

So, I've always wondered how other collectors deal with the problem of dust settling on books (those that are not in closed shelves/cases).

Vacuum it off? Or just regularly wipe down the collection with a dust collecting rag? Anything that can be used to help prevent the cumulation of dust on books?

When i can be botherd i dust them with the rest of the house, i try to do it once a week!

Comment

Yeah, thats what I do usually as well. Was thinking about getting one of those dust collectors that supposedly collect dust from the air and prevent it from settling on stuff. Don't know if they actually work though...

Comment

I use a feather duster on each book individually. Not once a week, but evry so often.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I wondered why our house was so dusty until we had the AC system spring cleaning a couple of weeks ago. Apparently our air cleaner is dead and we have no active dust filtering at the moment. The air cleaner is the only part of the system that hasn't been replaced since we moved in, and according to a sticker I found it was installed in 1975. I guess it lasted a while!

The new air cleaner will be installed next Friday, followed by duct cleaning that afternoon. We'll have to vacuum on Saturday and then see how well the new air cleaner works

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            I use a feather duster on each book individually. Not once a week, but evry so often.
            That's probably a good way to go about it as well.

Comment

Just gotta make sure that I just away from the rest of the books, then let it settle.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I wash mine. No wonder they all fall apart after a couple of months.

Comment

Must be some sight to see all those limiteds tumbling round and round in a washing machine...

Comment

The horror... the horror.
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I have lint free micro fiber rags that I use to wipe them down on occasion.

Comment

Seems to me like all my dust goes for the wood and the lcd screen. Seems to leave my books alone for the most part.

Comment

Thankfully my new bookshelf has doors on it. Those don't seem to be getting dusty at all. The books on the other shelves on the other hand are getting a bit dusty, I guess I should do something about it.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

yeah, I'm thinking of getting new shelves that have doors. But then again, I don't like it when there's something blocking the view of all the books.

Comment

Mase's DVD's and my books have been sitting in the same place for almost a year, no dust at all. Its kind of weird. the TV, playstation, tv stand, wii, dresser and nightstand were coated even though they were done last month, yet the wood of the dvd rack and book case had nothing on it, nor did the dvds or books.

Comment

Working...
                              X