Ghoul the Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghoul the Movie

If anyone has chiller tv this Friday at 9pm They will be showing this movie based on his book.If you never read it it is one of his best books.Check out the movie.Brian was involved with this so it should be a faithful adaption.

Awesome. I saw this previewed awhile back and kinda forgot about it.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Known about this a while since I follow Brian's site. Wish I had cable so I could maybe watch this, but will have to wait for it to be on DVD. That's ok though since I haven't read it yet anyway
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

This is one I still need to read! And buy for that matter...

Comment

If it were cheaper I'd buy one of the HC Limited to read. As it is right now all I have is a signed PB which I'll probably have to use for reading, though that'll mean making it look obvious it's been read. I suppose I can accept that though as the signed PBs don't fetch nearly as much as his Limited Editions do. There are quite a few Keene books that I have and still haven't read though, but have liked everything I've read from him
          Spoiler!

Comment

Tis is one of his best books.I have read everything by Brian.This is another great comming of age story.I read this book in day. Could not put it down.

Comment

It's on my lineup! It plays Friday at 8 and 10 pm (central time). There's nothing on TV Friday nights that interests me so Chiller it is!
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Complegtely forgot about this. It's half over. It'll be replayed at 10pm CST. Whew!
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I see what Keene was focusing on in his tale--the need to drag the truth about sexual and physical abuse into the light--much like the boys lured Kreider out into the light of day. But, of course, poor TV production values sunk it as a movie. Still, it did have some very arresting scenes in it. Glad I watched it, tho I'm sure the book is better than the movie.
                  Last edited by srboone; 04-14-2012, 05:16 AM.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

There is a link to a prequil on brian keene's web site that sheds a little light on the movie.The book is different but I enjoyed the movie tons.Brian Keene seemed to like it to and knowing how how he is I am sure he would have said if he did not like it.Squire get the book.You will love it.Amazon has it through there site.All of his books are being rereleased through deadite press.

Comment

Hate to admit I have yet to read--or view--this. I'll correct that error ASAP.

Comment

I haven't yet either. I have a signed PB edition of the book but hope to get a HC copy of it at some point to read. Then again, I doubt the paperback will ever really be worth much money, so we'll see.
                        Spoiler!

Comment

The DVD is out next week if anyone is interested.

Comment

Enjoyed the book. Have to track down the movie. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I Obtained this last night and will be watching it sometime soon. Haven't read anything of his because I won't take my time away from my king reading. lol. but I'm gonna check out the movie anyway even though it looks odd.

Comment

Working...
                              X