No announcement yet.

Concerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My list is so long I can't remember them all. My dad started taking me to shows when I was a toddler!!!

Foghat
    Lynyrd Skynyrd (probably 12+ times, seeing them in 2 weeks)
    Marshall Tucker Band
    311 (cruise in 2 and a half weeks)
    Pepper
    Offspring
    Say Anything (this past Tuesday)
    N.E.R.D.
    The Gorillaz
    Misfits (Graves lineup, 25th anniversary tour, and again last October)
    Michale Graves solo
    Marky Ramone's Blitzkreig (Graves on vocals)
    Ashes Remain (probably over 50 shows, went to school with the drummer)
    ZZ Top
    Incubus (Skipped senior prom)
    HFStival (5 consecutive years, way too many bands to list)
    Brand New
    Southern Rock Allstars
    Ballyhoo!
    Full Service
    The Roots
    Rush
    Guns N' Roses
    Rollins Band
    Henry Rollins spoken word
    Lit
    The Used
    Flogging Molly
    Dropkick Murphys
    Live
    Ziggy Marley
    The Wailers
    Buckcherry
    Cold
    Kelly Bell Band
    John Lee Hooker
    Blindside
    Audioslave
    Reel Big Fish
    Jimmie's Chicken Shack
    Atlanta Rhythym Section
    Trans Siberian Orchestra

And I'm blanking...

Ones I want to see is easier
    MxPx
    Rancid
    Social Distortion
    Jack Johnson
    Rolling Stones

Comment

I forgot that I've seen Flogging Molly a couple of times. They do a St. Patricks day show in Phoenix of all places. They are great live.

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
        My list is so long I can't remember them all. My dad started taking me to shows when I was a toddler!!!

Foghat
        Lynyrd Skynyrd (probably 12+ times, seeing them in 2 weeks)
        Marshall Tucker Band
        311 (cruise in 2 and a half weeks)
        Pepper
        Offspring
        Say Anything (this past Tuesday)
        N.E.R.D.
        The Gorillaz
        Misfits (Graves lineup, 25th anniversary tour, and again last October)
        Michale Graves solo
        Marky Ramone's Blitzkreig (Graves on vocals)
        Ashes Remain (probably over 50 shows, went to school with the drummer)
        ZZ Top
        Incubus (Skipped senior prom)
        HFStival (5 consecutive years, way too many bands to list)
        Brand New
        Southern Rock Allstars
        Ballyhoo!
        Full Service
        The Roots
        Rush
        Guns N' Roses
        Rollins Band
        Henry Rollins spoken word
        Lit
        The Used
        Flogging Molly
        Dropkick Murphys
        Live
        Ziggy Marley
        The Wailers
        Buckcherry
        Cold
        Kelly Bell Band
        John Lee Hooker
        Blindside
        Audioslave
        Reel Big Fish
        Jimmie's Chicken Shack
        Atlanta Rhythym Section
        Trans Siberian Orchestra

And I'm blanking...

Ones I want to see is easier
        MxPx
        Rancid
        Social Distortion
        Jack Johnson
        Rolling Stones
        Nice list!!

Comment

And it continues...

Old Crow Medicine Show
          Disturbed
          Godsmack
          3 Prong Outlet
          Agnostic Front
          Balzac

Comment

Saw Disturbed at Ozzfest, they had a great show.

Comment

Added to my list recently

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
              Dirty Heads

upcoming
              Gov't Mule (next Sat)
              Social D in November

Comment

bosstones are awesome

Comment

Got to see and talk with MxPx and Unwritten Law tonight. It was a blast. Also went to a fest and get to add

Stephen Marley
                  Eve 6
                  Weezer

Every time I narrow down the list of bands I want to see I think of 8 more to add to it. If I only had one vice I'd be golden, but of course not. My mind and money has to go all over the damn place.

Comment

I didn't know MxPx was still playing. Haven't listened to them in years.

Comment

Here is the list of concerts (opening act and venue) that I can recall off the top of my head:

Pink Floyd (Pontiac Silverdome - Division Bell Tour (no Waters)) - awesome!!!
                      Def Leppard (Palace of Auburn Hills - 7 Day Weekend Tour) - one of my best concerts
                      Bon Jovi -once with Goo Goo Dolls at Air Canada Centre, once at DTE (Pine Knob) - both were fantastic
                      Poison with Warrant, Quiet Riot and Enuff z'Nuff at Pine Knob (DTE)
                      Tragically Hip with ??? (Rheostatics?) at Pine Knob
                      Barenaked Ladies at the Palace of Auburn Hills on New Years Eve one year
                      Gordon Lightfoot at U of Windsor
                      Styx with REO Speedwagon (3 times) twice with Dennis DeYoung - Foreigner was one of the acts, Pat Benetar another time and Frampton once too - all at Pine Knob
                      U2 at Pontiac Silverdome - excellent - although Smash Mouth opened and they sucked huge!!!!
                      Justin Bieber with Shawn Kingston and some other acts at John Labbat Centre in London, ON - my wife and I took my daughter
                      Alanna Myles - with some obscure Canadian groups at the Cleary Audtiorium in Windsor, ON

That's just off the top of my head - may have been a few others

One band I really really really want to see is Coldplay - I have heard though, that they are not that great live - Chris Martin does not sound that great live????? Anyone seen them? I think they'd be great with a symphony backing them.

Comment

Justin Bieber played KC last weekend! I didn't go, had not desire to go, but my hotel was filled with Bieberheads whose PARENTS nearly tore it to the ground--good thing the police just walked in on thier routine weekend check at all hotels! That shut 'em pretty fast, especially when I addressed the cop by his first name!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                          Justin Bieber played KC last weekend! I didn't go, had not desire to go, but my hotel was filled with Bieberheads whose PARENTS nearly tore it to the ground--good thing the police just walked in on thier routine weekend check at all hotels! That shut 'em pretty fast, especially when I addressed the cop by his first name!
                          You know, he was actually pretty good. Put on a good show. I am not into his stuff, but it was enjoyable aside from the screaming teenage girls! London is as close to his hometown as you can get that has a decent size venue (9090 capacity for hockey). Plus it is only a 2 hr drive for me.

Comment

Saw Streisand in Brooklyn three weeks ago, and in Toronto a week later. At 70, she's still one of the best female acts ever.

sk

Comment

Never did see Streisand but love her early work.I am a fan of Jazz and Jazz standards.I have heard some of her newer stuff and she still has an amazing voice.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                                One band I really really really want to see is Coldplay - I have heard though, that they are not that great live - Chris Martin does not sound that great live????? Anyone seen them? I think they'd be great with a symphony backing them.
                                I really like Coldplay and went to see them a few years back here in Minnesota when they had Rilo Kiley open for them and Rilo Kiley was a better show. I could barely hear/understand Coldplay singing. I'm sure part of it was that I was in the upper seats of a basketball arena, but that couldn't have been the whole reason as I was able to hear Rilo Kiley. Decided I likely will not see Coldplay in concert again and will definitely never go to a concert at the Target Center again, unless I am on the ground floor which I won't be spending enough money on a concert to do.
                                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X