Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Squire you are old..

Some concerts I have been to.
    I am a Rush head.Have seen them every tour since Moving Pictures.Still one of the best shows ever.
    I saw Brian Adams on his first tour opening up for the Kinks.Great rock show.Brian was young and still angry.
    I saw Bruce Springsteen on the River tour in Montreal.My parents live 5 miles from the Canada border so we went to alot of shows at the Forum which I now believe is called the Molson center.
    The police on the final tour in the 80's.
    One of my Favorites was the Pretenders. They did a college tour and I was working as a cook in the college catering department and got to work with Chrissy's Personal chef and learned a few new vegitarian recipies.
    I usually go to the Saratoga Springs Jazz fest every year.

Comment

The Molson Centre is in Barrie Ontario. Not Montreal

Comment

Wait...I just googled to make sure I was right and the Bell Centre in Montreal used to be the Molson Centre

Comment

So the name changed again.I really have great memories of shows in that building.I saw sooo many bands it was insane.I live closer to Saratoga now.So it is about 2-3 hours to canada and the cost of gas and having a family makes it easier and more cost effective to go to SPAC.If it is a nice night you can get a great deal on lawn tickets and watch from the big screens on the lawn.

Comment

Yea, Bell likes to take things over up here. Stupid bastards. I hate bell...although I love my fibreop. lol

Comment

Hmmm....I'm not a big concert go'er however I have been to a few:

Willie (Boxcar) Nelson
              Candlebox
              MXPX (best night ever!)
              For Squirels
              James Taylor
              ZZ Top
              Tom Petty
              Drive and Crying
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                I am a Rush head.Have seen them every tour since Moving Pictures.Still one of the best shows ever.
                I saw Brian Adams on his first tour opening up for the Kinks.Great rock show.Brian was young and still angry.
                I saw Bruce Springsteen on the River tour in Montreal.
                A fellow Rush Head! I knew there was another reason I liked you BW. The first time I saw them was Moving Pictures. Zebra was supposed to open, but for some reason didn't show. I really wish they would have.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I didn't really "attend a concert" but there was a band called Cycle Sluts from Hell, playing at a club one night when I was there. I love the band name, but they stunk. The opening band (whose name I can't even remember) was pretty good, though. They reminded me of Iron Maiden.

My cousin attended VA Tech in the 90s and there was a band that played there often called Valentine Smith. He loved them and took me to 2 shows in small local clubs. They were pretty good. During one show, something happened to electrical stuff in the sound system so they turned it into an acoustic set while repairs were made.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Gigs in small local clubs are really cool. Something interesting is always bound to happen.

Comment

That's what I loved about The Rainmakers. They developed their sound from playing in small clubs and bars-that's where they sounded best. The did play a concert hall (5,000 seating) in Topeka KS in 1989, but in an interview, they said that it felt a little big to them. Their music is more intimate.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I haven't been to too many concerts, but here are a few:
                        Kenny Rogers with the Oak Ridge Boys
                        David Cassidy (Atlantic City when I was 12)
                        Chicago
                        The Eagles
                        Diana Ross (Vegas)
                        KC and the Sunshine Band with Billy Preston (Vegas)
                        4 tops (Vegas)
                        Rightious (Spelling?) Bros (Vegas)
                        Smokey Robinson(Vegas)

Comment

Oh yea, that reminds me of a few I've forgotten: The Oak Ridge Boys with Lee Greenwood opening; Chris LeDoux and Mark Chesnutt (I could swear there was someone else too, but at the moment I can't recall).

Comment

The most memorable, for me, was the Bee Gee's One Night Only concert in 1999 held at (what was then) the Sydney Olympic Stadium- it was the most awesome concert I've ever had the privilege to experience, made more poignant by Maurice Gibb's passing in 2003 (and, I sadly note, the distinct possibility of Robin's passing within the next few days)

Others, of note :

Neil Diamond
                            Billy Idol
                            Greenday (American Idiot & 21st Century Breakdown tours)
                            The Offspring
                            Elton John
                            Carlos Santana
                            AC/DC (when they were a pub band, back in the mid-late 1970's)
                            INXS (In Vancouver, Canada, of all places)
                            Last edited by Grant Wootton; 04-14-2012, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                              The most memorable, for me, was the Bee Gee's One Night Only concert in 1999 held at (what was then) the Sydney Olympic Stadium- it was the most awesome concert I've ever had the privilege to experience, made more poignant by Maurice Gibb's passing in 2003 (and, I sadly not, the distinct possibility of Robin's passing within the next few days)

Others, of note :

Neil Diamond
                              Billy Idol
                              Greenday (American Idiot & 21st Century Breakdown tours)
                              The Offspring
                              Elton John
                              Carlos Santana
                              AC/DC (when they were a pub band, back in the mid-late 1970's)
                              INXS (In Vancouver, Canada, of all places)
                              You reminded me that I did see Neil Diamond, too. He was fantastic..saw him at the Inglewood forum (I think...it's the same place where the Lakers play) around Christmas time about 15 years ago..give or take. I love him..hehe...

Comment

Yeah, I saw him way back in the early 1990's when he did the Tennessee Moon tour in the round - awesome !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X