No announcement yet.

Joyland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far as I can tell I got charged for the signed limited I ordered through the second site. I cancelled the Hardcover I ordered from the first and didn't get charged for it but today I found a random charge of $96.50. I called the bank and it was charged in INDIA apparently. But I am not sure how my number got out there in the first place. It is a new card and I've only used it here and for regular purchases and then when I ordered Joyland. The bank has shut down my card and I will get a new one in a few days and It will take them 2-3 weeks to investigate it.

Comment

No problems for me either. Did your card have one of those touch to pay chips in it? I think that is how my card got stolen last year. Someone walking by with an RFID reader.

Comment

I haven't had any problems either and I placed orders through both sites as well.

Comment

As did I. No problems.

John

Comment

no problems for me either

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
              No problems for me either. Did your card have one of those touch to pay chips in it? I think that is how my card got stolen last year. Someone walking by with an RFID reader.
              Yea it does. I was thinking it may have been one of the readers they put in the thing at the gas pumps because I never go in and pay...and I dont always use the same gas station either.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                I would suggest getting rid of the chip to ensure no one can steal your info with one of those readers that are easily hidden. A hole punch should do the trick, and won't hurt the card outside of the chip not being usable anymore. Actually saw a feature on the news a couple months months back I think it was that dealt with that, otherwise I wouldn't have thought of that
                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                Spoiler!

Comment

The replacement card I got was without the chip so I assume that they are going away from those. They also sell metal card holders that help block the signal.

Comment

you can't get cards without chips up here anymore. At least not through TD or Capital One.

Comment

I heard on NPR today that SK will be on the next episode of Fresh Air to discuss Joyland.

http://www.npr.org/programs/fresh-air/

Comment

Just finished listening to the Fresh Air interview and found it interesting. Didn't learn too much about the book but it was enlightening to hear his perspective on various topics and compare that to his writing.

http://www.npr.org/programs/fresh-air/

Comment

Getting ready to listen to it now.

Comment

I thought the interview was pretty good. It was most of the hour. I liked hearing about his recovery and the fact that The Shinning was going to take place in an amusement park instead of a hotel when it was first conceived.

Comment

Here's the publisher's take:

http://boingboing.net/2013/05/29/why...t-exclusi.html

John

Comment

Great article, and I agree that physical books are soooo much better. The reason I like to read on a kindle is the dictionary, it's so easy to quickly look up an unfamiliar word then continue reading.
                                Originally posted by jhanic View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X