Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]The Mailman: The 20th Anniversary Special Limited Edition by Bentley Little

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never read any Benny Littlke and i admit to never hearing of him before, i'm sorry but will be looking for a copy nearer to the time of publication

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
      Never read any Benny Littlke
      Nor I.
      But I was so frustrated with missing a Little Sisters of Eluria sale (I had bought a copy via Abe books, and the order was cancelled..) I bought this instead. Even the lettered edition....
      Hope I won't regret this.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
        Nor I.
        But I was so frustrated with missing a Little Sisters of Eluria sale (I had bought a copy via Abe books, and the order was cancelled..) I bought this instead. Even the lettered edition....
        Hope I won't regret this.

sk
        You wont! I started reading Bentley Little on an SK recommendation. He was discussing his favorite books of the year and mentioned The Store and washed love all over Little. Hmmm...if The Master loves him, I'll check him out. Started with The Store and never looked back. If you don't mind some utterly out there premises and can live with occasionally being frustrated with the direction he takes at the end, you should enjoy him. His writing style certainly differs from the "normal" and he turns everyday things into nightmares(a wal mart like entity, homeowners insurance, and yes, the mail!) which is his charm. Absolutely need to let your imagination ride with this guy. If you want to get a good idea of how he rolls, start with his short story collection, aptly titled, The Collection. The Mailman is one of his best(and earliest) works. I'm waiting for this edition to read it again!

Comment

Hey, sounds great.
          I'm glad I went ahead and ordered this book.
          Only...the wait...the wait....

sk

Comment

Having not read him before, I am really looking forward to The Mailman

Comment

Any updates on this one? Do you still expect to send this to the printer this year?
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                Any updates on this one? Do you still expect to send this to the printer this year?
                Send yes! The signature sheets are finally back and we'll be able to send right at the end of the year for a spring publication. Not exactly what we had in mind, but there were factors out of our control, unfortunately. But it's going to be a big, beautiful book, so I hope you'll find it worth the wait!

Brian
                Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                  Send yes! The signature sheets are finally back and we'll be able to send right at the end of the year for a spring publication. Not exactly what we had in mind, but there were factors out of our control, unfortunately. But it's going to be a big, beautiful book, so I hope you'll find it worth the wait!

Brian
                  Oh I am sure it will be well worth the wait. Definitely looking forward to getting this and reading this one for the first time
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Worth the wait??? CD has taught me something my mother could not.Patience. Of course it will be worth the wait.Besides I have too much to catch up on already.
                    Now I have something to look forward to when spring gets here.

Comment

Yep, Cemetery Dance products are definitely worth being patient for as they are very good quality and not rushed in order to meet a particular timeline. Was going to say books, but had to change it to products as the IT art portfolio will definitely be worth waiting for as well.

Even though I don't actually have one yet (though 2 have been pre-ordered), the same goes for the books that are published by Lonely Road Books
                      Spoiler!

Comment

I have all of the LRB books and they are all outstanding!!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                          I have all of the LRB books and they are all outstanding!!
                          Well if you would like to send me one for Christmas that'd be fine with me I think I'd rather have one of those Renewable Certificates though. If only I had the money for one, lol
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Well if you would like to send me one for Christmas that'd be fine with me
                            um....err....jeezzz...we don't have a um...mailman guy in our town....yeah....yeah, that's it.....or else, you know...

Comment

Well if you would like to send me one for Christmas that'd be fine with me I think I'd rather have one of those Renewable Certificates though. If only I had the money for one, lol
                              I just ordered a renewable certificate.That plus the 500 get 600 offer that went out to CDCC members means
                              I can really have a good year with CD.COME ON 2012 GET HERE!!!! oops lost that patience for a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                                um....err....jeezzz...we don't have a um...mailman guy in our town....yeah....yeah, that's it.....or else, you know...
                                But, ummm, it is better to give than to receive. Yeah, that's it. No need for a mailman guy, just drive (because gas is cheap, you know) and then I can give you a meal and even throw in a box of paperback books that I have 1st edition hardcovers of now. See, so you'd get a meal and a few books (I'll even throw in the cardboard box too!) and I'd get a book (maybe Dark Forces?). So we'd both be giving a receiving. You'd be getting more items, so it would even out or benefit you more, right?

Sadly, I am sure there are people (even people I've known in the past) who find that to be a good deal, lol
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X