• Time
  • Show
Clear All

For St. Troy:

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      For St. Troy:

St. Troy and I don't agree on much. We do both like Stephen King and TOOL though.

I like the explanation of the idea expressed in the song.
      Last edited by Br!an; 09-20-2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Worlds collide!

Comment

I listen to music while I read comics, so I'm currently listening to the season five score from GAME OF THRONES while I read the EX MACHINA OMNIBUS. Doesn't seem like a good fit, but it's working out perfectly.
          http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
            I listen to music while I read comics, so I'm currently listening to the season five score from GAME OF THRONES while I read the EX MACHINA OMNIBUS. Doesn't seem like a good fit, but it's working out perfectly.
            That idea intrigues me. Depending on the music I could see it becoming a distraction, but when it works it could be fantastic!

Comment

I'm a weirdo who needs silence to read. I cannot handle distractions.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              That idea intrigues me. Depending on the music I could see it becoming a distraction, but when it works it could be fantastic!

Comment

I need complete silence to read a novel, but with comics, a good soundtrack makes it seem more cinematic. I have a few thousand movie scores that I rotate through while I read, and it really enhances the experience for me.
                http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                  I need complete silence to read a novel, but with comics, a good soundtrack makes it seem more cinematic. I have a few thousand movie scores that I rotate through while I read, and it really enhances the experience for me.
                  Really depends on what I am reading. Sometimes I need silence and sometimes music ads to the read.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                    I'm a weirdo who needs silence to read. I cannot handle distractions.
                    Same here.

Comment

TerryE,

Try Shovels And Rope and American Aquarium.
                      "Hold Her Down" is a great Toad tune and totally misunderstood.

Comment

Toad is so good. I’m glad I got to finally see them a few years ago.

Last weekend I “won” free tickets to see Jewel and Rachel Platten. I’d had seen Jewel years ago in the little coffee shop in San Diego she got “discovered” in (even though she was already famous by this point) and Rachel Platten’s Fight Song really got me through some bad shit a couple of years ago, so I was well aware of both artists and excited to see them live. Plus free tickets!

The first opener was an independent songwriter who won a music contest for this show and are was was really good - Annie Bethancourt. The second opener was Josie Dunne who I had zero idea of who or what she was about. She was amazing! An amazing voice and performer and not someone I would have ever been interested in if I hadn't seen her live.

Normally I’m not one for popular music - I firmly live in the hard rock non-Cookie Monster metal world, but this concert was SOOOO good.

Comment

I cannot sleep with the idiot box on or read with music ? How the hell can people do that shit ? Sleeping w TV is akin to sucking your mommy's tit in my humble opinion.

TerryE. Listen up. Please for God's sake. I just wanna hold your hand. Top greatest country album ever ? Just Add Ice by The V-Roys. ( rec'd by Robert Morrish - that fucker hates everything ) And ever hear of Jason and the Scorchers...? Grab Lost and Found to start.
                          Listen, I am not trying to give you a hard time, just a guardian angel, a helpful guide in the alt., outlaw country rodeo. Impress your friends, first on the block n all...
                          Lucero: Rogues, Rebels and Sworn Brothers for starters...
                          The Long Ryders: State of the Union for starters...
                          Old 97s: Wreck Your Life is my favorite followed by Most Messed Up but warning, last was recorded live, mic down and is non-kid friendly. 'Nuther words, find the song " Nashville ". Lot of raw language.
                          Ass Ponys: Anything. Lohio is a personal fav. Best drummer ever...then...
                          ...when front man Chuck was too scared to play his first solo performance in a bar he met Lisa, knew all his songs and formed,
                          Wussy. Irony not lost ( she took is nuts/drummer) but Strawberry is great. Other albums have zingers too. Media darlings.
                          Steve Earle. Nuff said. Sure you have heard him...
                          Angry Johnny and the Killbillies. Some bloody good fun. Not exactly "country" by any means but a fun band.
                          Slobberbone. Heard once Big Steve King stated the bone's song "Gimme Back My Dog" was the greatest rock and roll
                          song ever. Hmmm...I would have picked, having to come from this band, "Billy Prichard", lyrics like a gritty 50s PBO,
                          and a lead solo from hell.

OK. Sorry Terry and y-all rest of the fookin lot of ya's ! I just hope maybe the bands will be liked...

Spent the day music wise with some of the above, Ry Cooder, Silvertide's raunchy, rock em sock em album--
                          ---"I’d had seen Jewel..." , funny, I listened/watched her brilliant PBS Christmas Special ! and on a college football
                          day ! She sings/looks like an angel. Also some early Kate Bush since I was feeling pretty...then Godfodder by Ned's, capped off with Fun and Games, The Connells, some Ben Folds, now letting loose with The Wildhearts.
                          Last edited by tyree; 09-08-2019, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I was pretty bored with the first 75% of Brother but it was all part of the plan for a literally killer ending.

On to The Road now and enjoying it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                              I was pretty bored with the first 75% of Brother but it was all part of the plan for a literally killer ending.

On to The Road now and enjoying it so far.
                              Interesting reaction to BROTHER. For me, there was constant tension throughout the beginning and middle. It was that tension that propelled me faster and faster to the satisfying ending.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                                Interesting reaction to BROTHER. For me, there was constant tension throughout the beginning and middle. It was that tension that propelled me faster and faster to the satisfying ending.
                                It was probably more the narrator than anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X