No announcement yet.

Video Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a PC gamer through and through .. never really liked the X-box or playstation. I find game play and graphics much better on a pc game. Plus I can't stand using a controller I need my z-board and mouse to play. Hooked on COD modern warfare 3 now. and Max Pain 3 better be for the PC also. I haven't checked to see if it was yet but I still load and play the first 2 when I get bored with what's out there.

Only thing that sucks about PC gaming is u have to keep upgrading the PC every year or every other year just to play the new games coming out.

Comment

Yeah, the constant need of upgrading to stay on top of graphics really sucks.

Comment

I'm a non-discriminating gamer.... lol. I do like certain games better on pc than others and vice versa. I'm probably one of the few people out there that prefer shooters on consoles. But strategy games really need to be played with a keyboard and mouse, the same with MMO's.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

1st person-shooters and sports games are my bane. I don't have the hand-eye coordination to do well at them no matter how hard I try. I like 3rd person action/adventure games and Level-based RPGs. Computer vs. Console. It doesn't really matter, but with the computer, I can break into a script and manipulate the game in funny ways, like making a sword strike make a squealing pig noise or making funny credits to run at the conclusion of the game. Titan Quest gave me the option of substiting my voice for the voice overs in the game(and not having to follow the captions on screen was fun.) Lionheart allowed me to edit the text within the game, so I could have Leornardo DaVinci speak like a gansta or William Shakespeare talk with a southern dialect.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I could also go into the script and rewrite the levels--thus I could take a game with 65 character levels and turn it into 100 levels by adjusting the experience needed for each. Or if the game was based on an expereince cap I could raise it and just put each aditional level at the same as the last one in the game.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I game on pretty much anything. But I've always favored playstation and pc a bit more than the other gaming stations. With the shooter bit on consoles you are not alone Dan. I've just gotten so used to shooters with two thumbsticks that I see no need for a mouse.

Comment

Adding some gaming posts to my collection thread as we speak!

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...llection/page5

Comment

I was just looking over pete's collection and I saw his Collectors Edition games, and I think I found one that I'm going to have to get.

https://buy.guildwars2.com/collectors-edition

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                    I don't know about the "have to register online" thing. I haven't heard anything about that, or having to be connected to the internet to play. I know EA is doing a thing right now, where if a game has an online multiplayer mode, to use it you have to register your game. Then if you buy that game used you have to purchase a activation code for a small fee. I'm not a big fan of that, but as far as I know EA are the only one's doing it right now, and they're receiving a whole lot of crap for it.
                    Well, unfortunately, we're still in the "rumor" phase, but yeah, what's floating around is that ANY game will have to be registered online via a particular account, and then that's it; once registered, you won't be able to do anything with it other than go online to play it. Can't sell it, can't lend it, can't borrow it. I wouldn't be surprised.

What we have here is yet another attempt to close the barn door after the horse gets out. All these companies seem quick to blame piracy for flagging sales when, in my opinion at least, I would buy more games if they weren't so expensive and there weren't so many crappy ones being made. See, it's never the company's fault that they're not doing the business they would like to do; it's not pricing, it's not quality, it's not customer service - it's those damn pirates! But by putting (or attempting to put) so many restrictions on games and sales, they're just going to fuck everything up.

It'll take some time to see how everything plays out, but really, it's big business, so I really don't expect anything beneficial to the consumer.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                      Well look at Diablo III. Major title. No connection, no play. Even single player will require online connection.
                      Yeah, that blows. I can stop being interested in it now. Especially since they've got that tie-in with WoW. I don't know all the details for D3, but with WoW, I wish people had never been suckered into buying a game and then having to keep paying monthly to play it! Boggles the mind. If it all falls apart, we'll have WoW to thank.

Comment

I've lost interest in DIII now. Oh well...
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
                          Well, unfortunately, we're still in the "rumor" phase, but yeah, what's floating around is that ANY game will have to be registered online via a particular account, and then that's it; once registered, you won't be able to do anything with it other than go online to play it. Can't sell it, can't lend it, can't borrow it. I wouldn't be surprised.

What we have here is yet another attempt to close the barn door after the horse gets out. All these companies seem quick to blame piracy for flagging sales when, in my opinion at least, I would buy more games if they weren't so expensive and there weren't so many crappy ones being made. See, it's never the company's fault that they're not doing the business they would like to do; it's not pricing, it's not quality, it's not customer service - it's those damn pirates! But by putting (or attempting to put) so many restrictions on games and sales, they're just going to fuck everything up.

It'll take some time to see how everything plays out, but really, it's big business, so I really don't expect anything beneficial to the consumer.
                          I doubt it'll go that far. It would kill about 50% of sales at places like gamestop, and gamestop is a huge retailer for the game companies. It would also completely force a company like gamefly to close.

Instagram

Comment

I have so little time for games, and only use my PC. About the only game I play with any regularity is Civilization. I've loved it since the first iteration. We have a Wii, mostly for the little guy, and we play Wipeout, and the Lego Star Wars and Batman games on that.
                            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                              I was just looking over pete's collection and I saw his Collectors Edition games, and I think I found one that I'm going to have to get.

https://buy.guildwars2.com/collectors-edition

That is an awesome CE!! Played the first Guild Wars and had fun. I'd get this but I'm not sure I would have the time to play. I'll probably be using the gaming time to play DIII and the occasional ps3.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                                That is an awesome CE!! Played the first Guild Wars and had fun. I'd get this but I'm not sure I would have the time to play. I'll probably be using the gaming time to play DIII and the occasional ps3.
                                Yea I'm not entirely sure I'm going to get it. $150 is a lot of money for me to spend on a game, that depending on how good DUST 514 turns out to be I may not be playing for some time.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X