No announcement yet.

Video Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, lol, i was a bit surprised at the start first. But then I read that Dan mashed it together from random posts.

Comment

I'm an EVE Online-aholic. I plan on going to their Fan-Fest in Iceland next year if I can save up the cash. I actually bought a PS3 specifically for Dust 514.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
        The Last of Us and bioshock infinite are the games I am looking forward to the most. Not sure if the Last of Us will be out this year but it looks like it will be awesome.
        Ahh, The Last of US... BAsically any new title from Naughty Dog has my thumbs itching!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
          I really enjoyed NFS Shift, it was a pretty good game. I never finished Shift 2 though. There are 2 games coming out this year that I'm really looking forward too. Dust 514, which is a free first person shooter for the PS3, from the makers of my all time favorite MMO. Also I'm really looking forward to Guild Wars 2, for the PC.

Dust 514

Guild Wars 2

Here's the latest cinematic trailer for Dust 514 / Eve Online (which is the MMO that Dust ties into) It's a really awesome trailer.

Free? really? Doesn't look like my kind of game but for free I'll try anything and Graphically it looks stunning.

Comment

I'm also looking forward to Far Cry 3. Looks like it could be really good as long as it doesn't have the bugs the second one did.

Comment

I have a PS3--basically because I wanted to play GoW3. It serves as the blu-ray player for my bedroom and every now and again I buy a new game for it. I bought the new Mortal Kombat, and recently the new SSX game. I like MK but the SSX game is just horrible. It's like EA Sports can't understand what made SSX Tricky such a great game--they have to mess around with a formula until it's unplayable! There isn't even a local multiplayer! I can play online with people in other countries but I don't want to do that. I want to play with my nephew when he comes over--so I have to break out my PS2 to do that!
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Well the video is a combination of footage from both EVE and Dust. EVE has been around for years and is baisically a spaceship based MMO. In DUST you're foot soldier mercenairies on the planets in the EVE universe. The amazing part of it is that what happens in one game can effect the other. So an EVE pilot can create a "Contract" for DUST mercenaries to attack something for money and what not. Here's the DUST demo from CCP's Fan Fest last month. It's really kinda long, but if you skip towards the end you'll see one of the coolest interactions between the games.

Instagram

Comment

That game interaction part is really a neat feature! I played EVE only a little bit, while at a friends house a few times. But the shooter looks nice and you can't beat free.

Comment

Does it have a monthly subscription like eve though? sometimes I go months without picking up my ps3 and subcriptions are just not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                      Does it have a monthly subscription like eve though? sometimes I go months without picking up my ps3 and subcriptions are just not for me.
                      Nope it's completely free. They use micro transactions for "un-important" items to pay for the game operation. So lets say you want to have your armor be pink or something, that'd cost real money, have no effect on the actual game play, but support the running of the game.

Instagram

Comment

So its like the PS Home thing where people waste money on stuff they dont need? That works for me, theres no such thing as wasting money in my book unless its on food or books(not a waste to me, everyone else i knw...oh yea.)
                        )

Comment

I Just beat The Darkness II. That was a cool game.

Comment

Though I'd share the Max Payne Mural Rockstar just posted on Facebook.

The Figueroa Hotel in LA
                            549286_10150801037850097_51752540096_12038633_734815391_n.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                              Though I'd share the Max Payne Mural Rockstar just posted on Facebook.

The Figueroa Hotel in LA
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]6428[/ATTACH]
                              I hope this game is good. The first two were great but this one seems to have been delayed so many times. Rockstar rarely puts out bad games so it should be a success but the delays worry me.

Comment

Rockstar takes its time to get things right. It'll be great, I know it will. I Don't play them myself but I do like them.

If anyone hasn't seen this already, GTAV Returns to Cali.
                                http://www.rockstargames.com/V/

Although I was hoping for Vice City...

Comment

Working...
                                X