No announcement yet.

Dark Tower: The Wind Through The Keyhole - DMG Limited Editions in 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I am gonna be waiting for a while, theyre shipping all of their american orders first. I'm hoping this doesnt include the Deluxe editions as well.

Comment

Got an email saying they finished shipping the Artist editions and now theyre doing to Deluxe. They are about 2 weeks behind in processing new orders which explains me not getting billed yet(although its been more than two weeks). I am hoping they don't wait until the Deluxe are all shipped first though since that will take a while.

Comment

You have to understand that with a handful of staff they have to have a plan of action so they don't mess up. Theirs is to ship the AE, then the Deluxe, then the AE and Deluxe and finally new orders!

Comment

DOes anyone else find it "wrong" how Donald Grant advertises other books they have for sale on the dust jacket of another one? I just looked at the back of the dj for The Wind Through The Keyhole and of course, they did it again.

Comment

Right, Wrong, what's the difference? Does it make it any less collectible? They did that on The Drawing of the Three also. Just PM me, Brad, and I'll give your copy of TWTTK a good home!
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I think it's tacky to use the dust jacket, which should be about "that" specific book, as a spot for free advertising. If you want to list "other books bu this author", list it in the front of the book which is standard for trade publishers.

Comment

It's actually one of my favorite things about Grant's books. You can pick up their old books and see what else they had available at the time (and at what prices*). And while trade publishers might not do it now, they certainly used to do it. I have seen older books that had an entire brochure printed on the reverse of the dust jacket.

People think it's tacky that the Green Monster at Fenway Park has (rather tasteful) advertisements on it, and aren't aware that it isn't a new phenomenon:

old-fenway.jpg

* Actually, many of Grant's books are still available on their website, at their original prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Fulman View Post
                  And while trade publishers might not do it now, they certainly used to do it. I have seen older books that had an entire brochure printed on the reverse of the dust jacket.
                  Many contracts actually forbid a publisher from doing that these days if the ads are for anything other than the author's own work. Some publishers used to insert ads for anything -- I remember hearing about cigarette ads in paperbacks.

Brian
                  Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                  My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Or to put the last two posts together. Many early baseball cards came from cigarette manufacturers, not bubble gum companies.
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                      Many contracts actually forbid a publisher from doing that these days if the ads are for anything other than the author's own work. Some publishers used to insert ads for anything -- I remember hearing about cigarette ads in paperbacks.

Brian
                      Thats scary, i could see that happening on a larger scale one day...

"The struggling paper industry (their words, not mine), in an effort to remain profitable in this ereader era, has decided to include ads in all of your favorite books..."

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                        Thats scary, i could see that happening on a larger scale one day...

"The struggling paper industry (their words, not mine), in an effort to remain profitable in this ereader era, has decided to include ads in all of your favorite books..."
                        That would just stop me from buying the actual book altogether. I only use my ereader to read and only buy books because of the way they look. If they don't look good there'd be no point.

Comment

One of the signs that the world has moved on is the disappearance of paper...

Comment

But look at the innards of your e-reader and you will find the inscriptions "North Central Positronics, LLC" and "Sombra Corp." Every e-book you buy or read makes Roland's journey a little longer....
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I use the e-readers to read my books. I'm not above buying the books in both forms though, I've bought all my Terry Brooks Stuff in both formats as well as The Dark Tower Series, and I'm sure I'll do the same with The Wheel of Time when I re-read that before the last book comes out. The is just so easy to pull out my phone and read the next chapter of a book when I have a few spare mine, without having to worry about carrying a monster book with me everywhere I go.
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                But look at the innards of your e-reader and you will find the inscriptions "North Central Positronics, LLC" and "Sombra Corp." Every e-book you buy or read makes Roland's journey a little longer....
                                Now that there is funny!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X