No announcement yet.

Dark Tower: The Wind Through The Keyhole - DMG Limited Editions in 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is it that the ebooks are not cost effective if some authors are doing mostly ebooks.I think about Kealan Patrick Burke and not being able to get his books in print because it is easier for ebooks to be made of his work.I remember asking him about his books comming out in trade and I believe he said it was because of cost.I wonder if print on demand is any better.Or if it muddles things even more.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      How is it that the ebooks are not cost effective if some authors are doing mostly ebooks.I think about Kealan Patrick Burke and not being able to get his books in print because it is easier for ebooks to be made of his work.I remember asking him about his books comming out in trade and I believe he said it was because of cost.I wonder if print on demand is any better.Or if it muddles things even more.
      It's not the ebooks aren't cost effective. Ebooks are much easier for authors to put out on their own without using a publisher. I think that's why you see a lot of authors going that route. Ebooks are also a good way to get a product to more people. As people are more willing to risk $6 on a book they may not like than $15.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

The Waterstone's Hodder & Stoughton Limited landed yesterday (the link to the pix is below for those that would like a peek)

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...ection/page152

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
        Hi Siep - The UK WTTK I purchased yesterday (as Teri mentions, the window's now closed - at least on www.analectabooks.com) is described thus (this is extracted from the email I received from Steve Sargent at analecta yesterday):

"Hot news just in - I have secured a small number of a UK hand-signed limited edition copies of Stephen King's "The Wind Through the Keyhole" (the new Dark Tower novel). This edition is limited to just 200 hundred copies, and so will be one of the most limited of King's signed editions (this is just a quarter of the size of the 800-copy DM Grant edition). This book is released on the 24th April - I am accepting pre-orders at this time, on a first-come, first-served basis"

I would imagine that other re-sellers (or Hodder & Stoughton) will be offering this version too

Comment

Any updates on the CD slipcase for Wind Through the Keyhole?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by SUBLIMINAL View Post
            Any updates on the CD slipcase for Wind Through the Keyhole?

Thanks in advance
            Probably still looking at 8 to 10 weeks after the publication of the book back on April 24, so I think that's probably putting us in early July. They'll try to push the production through faster if they can, though, and we'll post news of the final shipping date when we have it. Thanks!

Brian
            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Has there been any news on the potential lottery for any remaining signed limited copies? I have ordered the artist version, credit card charged and waiting on delivery. I have the signed LSOEbut the number is above 800 and have sent in for the lottery. Just wondering if anyone has heard or were all taken up by owners of 1 - 800?

Comment

I haven't heard anything about the lottery yet. I did send in a postcard, but that's half a year ago.

sk

Comment

The Artist Edition arrived today, packaging was fine and the book in teh slipcase looked great. On removing the book I noticed some marks on the back of the dust jacket that went through to the back cover and left indents. NOT GOOD. Sent DMG an email about so will wait to see what comes of it.

Comment

I hate it when that happens. Hope they'll send you a replacement!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                      I hate it when that happens. Hope they'll send you a replacement!

sk
                      After 3 months from the time I had notified them of problem, during which time there was a single email after two weeks to say they were looking at it, there had been no communication or response. I had given up on any outcome when un-announced a parcel turned up with a replacement copy.

It looked like they had checked that the copy was not also damaged as the shrink-wrap was open to allow access to the book. At least now I have a good copy.

Was there any lottery for un-claimed signed copies carried out?

Comment

Working...
                      X