No announcement yet.

Protecting Your Chapbooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this is specifially for CD chapbooks, I would love to see slipcases with the text of the titles on the slipcase sort of like the slipcases Borderlands Press did for the Little Books. But then again, I don't know if there are enough people who would have all of the CD chapbooks to make that worth the time and costs. In second place would be more generic CD chapbook slipcases that would hold 10 or so chapbooks and had the CD logo on the spine.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      If this is specifially for CD chapbooks, I would love to see slipcases with the text of the titles on the slipcase sort of like the slipcases Borderlands Press did for the Little Books. But then again, I don't know if there are enough people who would have all of the CD chapbooks to make that worth the time and costs. In second place would be more generic CD chapbook slipcases that would hold 10 or so chapbooks and had the CD logo on the spine.
      I'm pretty positive it would be far too expensive for both us and the collectors to do individual slipcases for the chapbooks. I'm also not sure that'd work out so well with the manufacturing process as they'd have to be incredibly thin. We where thinking a slipcase that would hold several chapbooks similar to the magazine slipcases we have done before.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I should have been clearer....that's what I meant....Borderlands did slipcases that held 5 of the Little Books series books...I figured the slipcase could hold 8? 10? of them. My dream factor would be the titles of the chapbooks on the side of the slipcase, but not everyone would have them all, so that would not be as popular overall as more generic chapbook slipcases.

Comment

Ahh I see. Yea I'm not sure how popular / feasible that would be. I do however like the idea of a traycase with the 3 ring binder built into the case.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            Ahh I see. Yea I'm not sure how popular / feasible that would be. I do however like the idea of a traycase with the 3 ring binder built into the case.
            Oh, I get it....I work at CD, so I'm gonna have them do it the way I WANT!!! Yeah, real nice Dan!!! LOL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
              Oh, I get it....I work at CD, so I'm gonna have them do it the way I WANT!!! Yeah, real nice Dan!!! LOL!!!!
              HA!! I don't have that kind of decision making power

Instagram

Comment

I think a slipcase similar to the magazine slipcases would work well.

Comment

My chapbooks currently are just sitting rather haphazardly on the shelf so like the idea of a binder.

Comment

I have my chapbooks just lined up between bookends on a bookshelf and it is not the best solution. I really like the binder idea due to its easy expandability, but a slipcase would look nice and work well too.

Comment

I was the one who sent the pictures of my binder. I have them in a 3-ring for 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 in top loading sleeves. (I picked it up at office max for $15.) The only real problem with it is that since the sleeves are designed for only 1 page, the chap books stick out about 1/8 in above the openning; and if you grab the binder wrong, they will all slide out. I only have six chap books, but that fills up my binder completely.

I've noticed online that some companies make slipcases & binders of the right size that are meant for storage of business recordshttp://store.franklinplanner.com/sto...es-%26-Sleeves
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                        The poll needs a "none of the above" option.

I keep my chapbooks individually in archival comic book bags, generally accompanied by the archival board.
                        I do the same!!!
                        " a.k.a brother odd"

Comment

I'd probably be more partial to a nice snug (not too snug) slipcase but that binder did look nice.... imagine an official CD binder no less (drool..)

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          After calson posted a thread about how everyone stores / protects their chapbooks (which is now merged into this thread). It struck up a conversation here about which option is the best. A slipcase or a binder. So we decided to have a poll to see what everyone thinks. Below is an image of a customer's binder in case you weren't sure what we meant by binder.

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/images/chapbind.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by danny View Post
                            I do the same!!!
                            I actually have been doing this too

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Case View Post
                              I'd probably be more partial to a nice snug (not too snug) slipcase but that binder did look nice.... imagine an official CD binder no less (drool..)
                              I agree! An official CD binder (or slipcase) would be awesome!!

Comment

Binder sounds like a great idea. Right now I have them in archival bags but not individually, I have way to many. They are for the most part sorted by publisher. With the exception of glossy bound chaps, I shelf those along with novellas.
                                Rich DeMars

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
                                Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X