Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to tell if your book is a first printing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    In a few days, you should know why....
    What?

Comment

uhm...I'm at work. Gotta go...
      Last edited by srboone; 04-08-2012, 06:31 AM.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
        You gonna send me some goo gone squire? and did joe just say to test it on a book I dont care about ruining? Where would I find one of those? lol. Maybe I'll get Grant to send me one of his Koontz books to test it on. haha
        Hehehehe .. Teri, can you finish this one for me ????

hangman_bite_me_postcard-p239034408792410041z74oh_152.jpg

Comment

Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
            You gonna send me some goo gone squire? and did joe just say to test it on a book I dont care about ruining? Where would I find one of those? lol. Maybe I'll get Grant to send me one of his Koontz books to test it on. haha
            I meant like an old textbook or something that's already beat to shit from being read so many times.

Comment

What's a textbook? ...just kidding. I don't have any other books though. I still have my law books but there's nothing on em.

Comment

I tested goof off on an old Cussler book at I have. This has a glossy dust jacket. By the look of the glue it had been there a while. I put the goof off on and after 5 seconds I rubbed off the residue. If the glue was newer it might have taken longer for the chemical to work. The jacket now looks good as new.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice! No sign whatsoever of the old glue!

Comment

Goof off works really well but you need to be in a well ventilated room cause it's real strong stuff.

Comment

Plenty of ways to get rid of an annoying book sticker. You can get a lot of neat books on amazon for .01 (+shipping) that are in great shape, they just have book stickers on them.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                      X