pete0cha's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sucks, Peter!
    Our Dutch customs officials pull the same stunt regularly.
    Be careful with not telling the truth - it can cost you dearly!
    (Just a friendly word of advice!)

sk

Comment

Mine came marked as a gift.

Comment

Yeah, I get all of mine marked as gift as well. So they should have passed it on through. It weighs around 10 lbs so maybe that is why they held it back.

I'll see what they want Siep with it first, if it is the weight then I'll just cover the tax and have them send it on to me.

Comment

UK customs is stupid. Ours doesn't hold shit unless it's for safety reasons. Everything else they send through or add a charge then send it through. the mailman just won't give it to you if you don't pay the fee/tax.

Comment

That was always the case - the mailman would come and ask for the tax charge, if you didn't pay it you had 20 days to claim the package and then they would send it back. Have no idea why they did things differently this time...

Comment

Maybe theres a good book in there someone wanted to read and they needed some time with it. lol

Comment

Teri you said you did not like the US.At least they are upfront about the taxes they try to hide as fees..None of this holding your package for ransome.

Comment

true but i never said i liked the uk

Comment

Ouch!!!!
                    Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                    true but i never said i liked the uk

Comment

Why so Grumpy BW?

Comment

Filed the stupid customs report. So I hope the package will come soon, hopefully this week.

Comment

Fingers crossed for you, Pete!

sk

Comment

Mine too.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                              Will get to reading it soon Tom. Almost done with Four Rode Out, so that might be what I go for next as I would like to check out something from the PS grab bag.
                              How is Four Rode Out? I haven't read that yet.

Comment

Really good! If you are in to westerns you will enjoy this one. If not, they are good horror stories, so they should be enjoyable anyway. Still have one more left to finish up.

Comment

Working...
                                X