No announcement yet.

Pricing for GRRM and Steven Erikson limited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I typically look for individual titles. At some point I am interested in getting the first 2 Infernal books myself (have House Infernal). Want some of the Clegg books I am lacking as well, especially Isis and Machinery of Night (and Purity of course, but that one is pretty pricey every time I've seen it listed somewhere). Not able to purchase these at the moment as I don't think my wife would appreciate it and I have my eyes on a couple other things right now anyway
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

Wow!!! George Martin listed the Ebay ids for two different sets of the first 4 signed limited of the Ice and Fire books. Each set was the 2 from Meisha Merlin and the 2 from Subterranean Press. The first set sold for $3,500 and the second for $4,500!! Ouch!!

Plus I saw on the Canadian Ebay site that the first Erikson book alone went for just over $400.

Comment

That 's the one I was after, but the seller didn't want to ship to Europe. I can never figure out why that would be.

sk

Comment

please dont break the set, i would be very interested in the grrm i will private message you

Comment

vvkkpp,

I wanted to sell them, but my wife said it would be much smarter to at least wait for the reissues of Game and Clash from SubPress, so that's the current plan.

Comment

cool cool man, i def. dont blame you. i am going to continue my quest but when and if you do sell them if i havnt gotten a set yet i will still be interested. wish you all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                the reissues of Game and Clash from SubPress
                Re-issues??? Do you know when??

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                  Re-issues??? Do you know when??

sk
                  Not sure when. They were mentioned either at the beginning of 2012 or later 2011. They are doing them to fit in size-wise with the other SubPress GRRM Ice and Fire books which are a different size from the orginal Meisha Merlin editions of Game and Clash.

Comment

I think I'd prefer to own the originals, but a re-issue sounds just fine.
                    Thanks for the info!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                      I think I'd prefer to own the originals, but a re-issue sounds just fine.
                      Thanks for the info!

sk
                      Since I have the originals too, I guess I don't care one way or the other. At first I thought it was dumb to redo them, but of course it will be nice to have a matched set sizewise. Of course, the art in the Meisha Merlin was MUCH better than that in either of the Sub Press editions. I am hoping the art for Dance is an improvement.

Comment

Are you still thinking of selling these? I have an s/l Green Mile, low number if that would sweeten the deal a little, maybe.

Chris
                        -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
                        gamertag : calason

Comment

Chris, I think I've going to wait at least for the Game and Clash reissues.

Comment

Because...???

sk

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                              Chris, I think I've going to wait at least for the Game and Clash reissues.
                              I would, too. Couldn't hurt to ask.
                              -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
                              gamertag : calason

Comment

Working...
                              X