• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomwise View Post
    P.S. Mindy is the best CD employee,
    Minday's awesome: go Mindy!!!

sk

Comment

Hi all, my name is Brian. I have been collecting CD books since 2009 with the purchase of The Secretary of Dreams Vol.1 and pre-order of Vol.2. Thanks to CD, I have discovered many new authors and I've had to expand my bookshelf space considerably to make room for all of the great titles...

Comment

My name is Stephen and I live in Tennessee.

nooooooo . . . New Jersey!

I've been a fan of horror for . . . ah, a long time.

I've been a fan and a customer of CD for many years.

I'm hungry.
        Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
        Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

My name is Aaron and I have been a fan of Stephen King and horror my entire life. I just discovered CD about 3 months ago when amazon.com recommended Secretary of Dreams volume 2 to me after I had ordered so many King books from them... After doing my research and deciding I wanted the slipcase, I headed over to CD.com and have been hooked ever since. I shudder to think how much I have spent at CD over the last 3 months, but I have been impressed every step of the way. I can't wait to see what the future holds!

Comment

My name is Danny I go by the user name (brother odd), I live in Oregon. Been an avid horror read since I was fifteen. In 1995 (at the age of twenty three) got my first issue of CD magazine (#22). A year later bought my first HB limited (first limited of any kind) from CD. Rick Hautala THE MOUNTAIN KING. Ive been collecting ever since.
            " a.k.a brother odd"

Comment

I am Paul and like many others I suspect, I came to CD via Blockade Billy. Since then however I have discovered the wonder that is the Limited Edition! As well as subscribing to the CD magazine I have also started collecting many of the CD releases as they have become available. The couple of Grab Bags I have purchased have been brilliant ways of introducing new writers as well as artists. Many thanks.

Comment

Those grab bags are always such a great deal!!!

Comment

I've been a Stephen King junkie since Mrs. Heckle's 10th grade English class in 1980. I borrowed the classroom copy of The Shining and was hooked. 13 years later at the Miami Book Fair, I got Uncle Steve's autograph, but I had to ask him to sign my infant son's diaper changing pad because I didn't have one of his books with me (though I owned every one he'd written up to that point). My husband framed the changing pad for me, and it hangs right over my desk where I spend much of my time writing dark fiction for middle graders and young adults.
                  As a side note, my son is long past his infant years now. He will graduate from high school in two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldritch View Post
                    I got Uncle Steve's autograph, but I had to ask him to sign my infant son's diaper changing pad because I didn't have one of his books with me (though I owned every one he'd written up to that point). My husband framed the changing pad for me
                    THIS, this is awesome.
                    -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
                    gamertag : calason

Comment

Hi Rich DeMars here. I reconize some of the names here. Long time CD family member, avid book collector although I buy much less now due my wife job loss a while back, she's working but making much less. Thank god for lifetime subscriptions!. Nice to meet you Dan, I hope you have a long and happy career with CD.
                      Rich DeMars

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

@ Calason,
                        LOL. I also got Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson's autographs on the changing pad. AND, I got my picture taken with S.K. and Dave, and those photos are in the frame too.

Comment

That sounds like a very unique thing to have hanging on the wall, lol

I must say that I am jealous of those with lifetime subscriptions, would be a wonderful thing to have. I hope that if something like that is offered again I have the money for it at the time. How much did those cost anyway? Whatever the price was it was definitely a great deal
                          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Hi. I'm Kit and I've been a Horror fan since I read Christine back when I was in Junior High. (Yeah, I'm old enough to remember when it wasn't "Middle School" yet.) I was hooked, and read as much King as I could, and when that ran out, I began ranging farther afield. It was the mid-Eighties, so there was a lot to choose from.

Right now I'm eagerly awaiting Mira Grant's Deadline, which comes out at the end of the month.

I was hoping to find copies of Edward Lee's Infernal Angels and House Infernal, but they're out-of-print here, and the mass-market publisher is having issues, so I guess I'll have to either hunt copies down or wait until the rights revert and the author gets a new publisher.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit Russell View Post
                              I was hoping to find copies of Edward Lee's Infernal Angels and House Infernal, but they're out-of-print here, and the mass-market publisher is having issues, so I guess I'll have to either hunt copies down or wait until the rights revert and the author gets a new publisher.
                              I would suggest looking for these on Ebay and/or Amazon Marketplace as you can find decent deals on at least the Hardcover Cemetery Dance edition of House Infernal, though I still need their editions of City Infernal and Infernal Angel
                              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                              Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                                I would suggest looking for these on Ebay and/or Amazon Marketplace as you can find decent deals on at least the Hardcover Cemetery Dance edition of House Infernal, though I still need their editions of City Infernal and Infernal Angel
                                You can also try abebooks.com, I've found a few decent prices there.

I'm Jason, or Bones to many, just turned 27 and live in Baltimore. I guess I got lucky by having a dad that was into the horror genre and wasn't very strict on allowing me to read or watch what I wanted, even to letting me borrow his pb's in elementary school. I think the first CD book I got was the numbered edition "Fear Nothing" by Koontz at Horrorfind back in '99 or 2000, followed by October Dreams. I have a fairly good size collection but the only lettered edition from CD I have is Koontz's "False Memory". The main authors I collect are Koontz, Lumley, and Ketchum with the occasional Mccammon and Laymon acquisition. Other than those I'm not picky on getting any copy of a book but if I really like it then I track down the best I can find or afford at the time.

Non horror I like Raymond Feist and Robert Jordan, eagerly anticipating the final book!! If you can find them, Frank Frazetta's(with James Silke) Death Dealer is a 4 volume set that is amazing. Those would be a great limited edition that someone needs to get to making.

Comment

Working...
                                X