No announcement yet.

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inscribing is one of those things that is typically only something of value to someone collecting for themselves, not as an investment. At least that is how I always saw it.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
      I wouldn't want any author inscribing a book to me directly because it all but ruins the collectibility factor.
      The only author who ever inscribed a book to me personally and in person is Clive Barker.
      Did it lose its collectibility?
      Not to me!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        Inscribing is one of those things that is typically only something of value to someone collecting for themselves, not as an investment. At least that is how I always saw it.
        Same here. But like I said above, it is pretty cool looking even when you realize these authors have no idea who you are

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          The only author who ever inscribed a book to me personally and in person is Clive Barker.
          Did it lose its collectibility?
          Not to me!

sk
          The one by Richard Laymon I have...One Rainy Night...was the only one I have which was actually inscribed in person by Richard when I met him that one and only time. He was really a great guy. I can't even remember where I got the Ketchum book, it may have been here when I think CD was offering books which you could have personally inscribed. Either here or the Overlook. I said I have only two, but I may have a couple more since reading all this reminded me of buying some books from a place I think was located in the same place I'm in: Illinois. I don't know if anyone heard of it, but the name of the store was The Dust Jacket. I always thought that was a strange name and not very original, but who am I to judge with a name like Theenormityofitall.

Comment

My favorite personalized one is from Neil Gaiman in "Good Omens". He wrote "To Terry, Burn this book", then drew a little bat.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Have you ever typed a really long blab just to have a site log you off before you post it and then it's lost? That happened to me here so here is a shorter version of what I said.

Hi all, call me Hedda although that's not my name. I've been a long-time customer of CD, I think my first purchase was a grab bag and I was hooked.

I've always had a thing for the "unquiet coffin" although no one in my family does and they don't quite understand me. So not quite sure where my love of horror, mystery, suspense came from. I watched too many let's-bury-someone-alive movies when I was a kid and made my desire for cremation known at a young age when it wasn't the thing to do (damn you Ray Milland! Damn you all to hell!)

Stephen King is my go-to author, starting with that wonderful black shiny cover with a drip of blood on it.

I don't limit myself to one genre though. I really like to learn new things and experience new authors and different types of writing, so I'm game for most everything. (Although romance isn't my cup of tea unless it's a historical romance. If it's well written, okay.)

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and I hope to discover some great people and books I need to add to my teetering book pile.
              "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

It's nice to meet you, Hedda. I'm sure in time we'll find out what you had written that got lost in cyberspace. That book with the black cover and drop of blood is also what got me started down this road. Of course, when I read it, I think there was a TV tie-in cover.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Welcome Hedda!

Comment

Glad to have you aboard, Hedda. Hope ya stay a spell...
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Welcome aboard Hedda!

Comment

Hi,
                        And have lots of Fun!

Comment

Hi Hedda and welcome to our neighborhood.

Comment

Welcome, Hedda.
                            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Thanks everyone.
                              "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

My name is Cindy and I've been a fan of all things scary and horror related. Though I do read other books too..lol!! I've bought several books through CD and I've loved them all. I had preordered The Woman and I just saw that it's been released in print, so needless to say I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival in the mail!!

Comment

Working...
                                X