No announcement yet.

Contest!!! (attempt 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I thought Terry was just slow. My bad.

Comment

It's actually known as the exceedingly misnamed 5-book trilogy.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Didn't know that til now. I learn something new everyday I am here.

Comment

Ok here are the 5 books in the trilogy.Teri go get and read.Go to the Library.These are great books
          1. hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
          2.The restaurant at the end of the universe
          3.life, the universe and everything
          4. So long and thanks for all the fish
          5. Mostly harmless
          There is a 6th book that came out last year written by the Artimus Fowl guy.
          It was sad when Adams died.

Comment

Well, Teri, it would probably help if you truly appreciate British humour. I would say most people who love Monty Python would love Adams, but Adams does have an even wider appeal.

And no, dear, I am not "slow". Haven't you learned by now?
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I HATE monty python. You cannot even begin to fathom how much I truly hate Monty Python. Most british humour really. But I do find the non house Hugh Laurie quite funny. Well and the house version funny as well but that's not british humour.

Comment

Ni?

Comment

Noooooh...Nooooooh...
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

If I had chosen the number myself, it probably would have been 42. I love the Douglas Adams books. I didn't realize that Lewis Carroll had a couple of 42 references prior to that as well. Thanks for the info TerryE.

I purposely did not choose a number like 42 or 19 since I wanted it to be truly random though. I'm still surprised how many people were so close to the actual number and that one person got the number exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                      I HATE monty python. You cannot even begin to fathom how much I truly hate Monty Python. Most british humour really.
                      Oh! Oh, I just don't know what to do with this child. Squire, you talk to her!
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

She's like Mikey. She won't eat it, she hates everything!

In the seventies, a session in the barn with a doubled-over 3 ft. length of garden hose solved most problems. Today, it's abuse. Still the best teacher, tho.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

When I was a kid it was a wooden spoon.I think I would have liked the garden hose although growing up on air force bases there were not alot of barns

Comment

My mom always saved the paddles from those paddle ball games after the little pink ball came off. My brother had a couple wooden spoons broken on his backside. I had an uncle spank me with a razor strop once. But he was kinda nuts.

Comment

Kinda???

Comment

Ahh, the good old days. Now I hear they use wooden spoons for cooking... Crazy stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X