The Avengers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Avengers

After seeing the small talk in the "rate movie" thread I would love to see what people think of this! I have not seen Capt. America, X-Men First Class, nor Thor. I always enjoyed the superhero adaptations but it seemed like every time you turned around a new one was coming out. This one looks like it could be tons 'o fun though......Thoughts?

I can't wait to see this one. I liked Thor and Iron Man a lot. Captain America was an entertaining watch as well. Although what I really want to see is the new Batman flick!

Comment

Thor was ok, Ironman I really liked - and Captain America I haven't seen yet.
      The Avengers looks like it'll be a lot of fun.
      I'll definitely watch it in the theatre.

Like the upcoming Batman movie.

(and don't forget...The Guilt Trip...)

sk

Comment

I can't wait! I really like this version of the Hulk, too. I love seeing all of these heroes come to life, from out of the pages of comics I read as a kid. I think that adds points to each movie for me. I've enjoyed almost all of them thus far to some degree, even the first Hulk.
        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Had to google that one Siep. Forgot how much of a fan of her work you are.

Comment

Iron Man was great.
            Thor was good, a little cheesey, but I'm not sure you can expect much more from a Thor movie.
            Captain America was good, but a little slow. It could have used a lot less build up and a lot more action.
            The new Hulk movie was really good, but I'm a bit upset the ditched Edward Norton for the Avengers movie, as he played a great Bruce Banner.
            X-Men first class is good as long as you take it as a stand alone movie from the rest of the series. If you don't then there are huge plot holes.

I think The Avengers is going to be a lot of fun and a pretty great movie. I am also really looking forward to the new Batman movie, although am a bit sad that it's going to be the last one as the other where all so good.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Yeah, I was sad over that as well. But you never know, I'm sure it'll rake in the dough and they'll push for another one. In Hollywood nothing is ever final. If there was decent plot room for them to make another one I'd say go for it. But if they wrap it up nicely with this one... Sequels are a hard thing, I wouldn't want them to milk it just for the sake of making money off of the popularity of the first ones.

Comment

I think Christopher Nolan said in an interview that this is the last one that his team will work on. I'm sure another director could take it up and make good movies, but most likely it wouldn't be the same.

Instagram

Comment

I'd say there will definitely be more Batman movies. Unfortunately Nolan won't be involved. I'm sure they'll do another reboot. Even if they don't start with an origin movie, it will have a different look and feel. Maybe they'll take the Marvel route and have that World's Finest Superman/Batman teamup as a lead-in for a Justice League movie.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

i've enjoyed all the movies leading up to Avengers (my favorite being Captain America) and wouldn't dream of missing this one. I'm planning on being in the midnght premiere audience for it!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

This is the movie that might get me back to the theater.I am a huge comic lover as you all know.I have been reading Avengers for years.I am reading the prelude now.So far 2 issues in and I like it.Any body interested it is a 4 part story called Fury's Big Week.Also a new Avengers series started called Avengers Assemble.I posted that issue earlier this week. April starts Avengers vs x-men.OK I geeked out enough.

Comment

Thurday night at midnight! But do I want to see a movie marathon of Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, AND The Avengers? It's tempting, but that's a a 15-hour marathon in 3D! I don't think I can take 15 hours of 3D movies.

Maybe if they showed Ang Lee's Hulk instead.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                          Thurday night at midnight! But do I want to see a movie marathon of Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, AND The Avengers? It's tempting, but that's a a 15-hour marathon in 3D! I don't think I can take 15 hours of 3D movies.

Maybe if they showed Ang Lee's Hulk instead.
                          I think I'm gonna try and see the midnight showing as well. The marathon is a bit much for me though. Maybe I'll break out the digital projector and have my own marathon at home.... lol

Instagram

Comment

Come to think of it, Lee's Hulk wasn't in 3D.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Looks like The Avengers is gonna break the all-time openning weekend box office record; actuals haven't come in yet, but the estimate is $200,3000,000!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                              X