No announcement yet.

Dark Shadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved Sweeney Todd to the point I went out and bought the soundtrack and played it in my car for months. My kids were so sick of it.
    "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Well You enjoyed it alot more than I did even though I really liked it. lol

Comment

I'm generally a fan of Burton/Depp collaborations. It looks good and I will most likely see it when it comes out. And I really enjoyed Sweeney Todd.

Comment

I wish they'd leave the old classics alone. I LOVED Dark shadows as a kid and would rush home to watch at four in the afternoon, sometimes fighting for the TV to watch. The trailer for this looks like a comedic sham of what Dark Shadows was for me... scary, intense at times, eerie music, sad images, okay sometimes poor acting, but what a Soap Opera. To me this would be like making something as iconic as The Godfather into a Tyler Perry, 'Italian Madea' comedy. I say leave the good 'old' stuff alone. What's next? A finger painted version of the Cistene Chapel? Maybe a Bram Twain Prize for Comedic Horror contributions.

Comment

I agree with you on leaving some movies alone but doing remakes can open up the story to all new audiences. I had never heard of Dark Shadows before I heard of the movie. And it was a TV show before so I think a remake isn't really the correct term since its being released in a different media.

Comment

Hell, I wish they'd've left Thunderbirds alone, but that didn't stop them from trashing that bit of my childhood.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

This movie is a clunker, boring beyond belief. My wife and I were exchanging glances about half way through. Tim Burton is one of my fav directors but this is his worst movie in my opinion. His sets are usually so much fun and the camera work top notch. Its neither fun, nor intriguing. There are scenes here and there but not enough to make it worth going to the theater for.
                Last edited by paperdragon; 05-21-2012, 06:51 PM.
                If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

I thought it was ok. I never saw the show or even knew of its existence beforehand so I can't make any comments regarding that. It definitely wasn't Depp/Burton's best work.

Comment

Like Joe said, I also can't make any comparisons but I certainly did enjoy it. Definitely not boring as someone previously stated. Parts of it I found a bit much but that was more toward the end.

Spoiler!

But I went with it and still enjoyed it. I just enjoy watching Johnny Depp. Something about the way he talking and his manuerisms? I can't spell that one. Anyway I thought it was good.

7/10 for me.

Comment

Johnny Depp and Timothy Burton need a professional divorce.

Comment

Working...
                      X