Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did u check the website?

Comment

It's unnumbered, so I'm not sure, but they usually have the author sign enough for multiple printings. Best thing to do is call them at 1-800-243-5160 9-5 EST.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Ah, ok. May or may not give em a call. Wish it was a numbered version, but I suppose it'd be more expensive then.

That Bible is crazy expensive though. Maybe if I was rich...
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

Yeah, if I had the cash I'd grab the Bible set from EP. Terry, do you happen to have any pictures of Dore's art on hand? Just curious.

Comment

Here's some stuff from his illustated Bible:

"I'm a vegan. "

Comment

A link to the Dore Bible Gallery.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...=0&FORM=IDFRIR
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Wow!

Comment

200 illustartions for the Dore Bible. I could get it, but Damn, I'd be hurting fo a looooong time!
                  Last edited by srboone; 04-24-2012, 11:46 AM.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I looked at the book this morning and it has all 241 illustrations by Dore. And it was an inexpensive paperback from about 20 years ago. I just checked and it is still in print, and darn inexpensive.
                    http://www.amazon.com/The-Dore-Bible...5278491&sr=8-1
                    I've also got books with his illustrations for "The Divine Comedy", "The Raven", and "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" in this series. Great stuff.
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Very tempting! Great price on amazon as well.

Comment

Yeah, buy the illustrations and a nice family Bible and you're set, for 1/20th the cost.
                        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Illustrations don't come better than that!

sk

Comment

I know BW that i promised. But this is just too good not to share, so I apologize: VJ Books is having a nice sale:

"Well April 15 has come and gone and we all given our pound of flesh, our first born, keys to the car, and more to the federal government, that bastion of freedom, the guardian of all things good.

So, to honor those of you on the paying side of the occasion we present our annual Taxman Sale - a full 40% discount on every title in stock
                            ($100 order minimum, discount does not apply to pre-orders).

Enter the coupon code "TAXMAN" at checkout.

Sales ends at midnight Saturday, so don't delay. Just like the feds, orders postmarked by the deadline will be honored."

http://www.vjbooks.com/

Comment

Dark Regions has a tax day sale that ends tonight at midnight. Guessing that is Pacific time zone since they're located in California. Just enter DRPTAXBREAK for 30% off anything and no minimum order value. According to their email it's the last discount for a little while
                              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                              Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                                Dark Regions has a tax day sale that ends tonight at midnight. Guessing that is Pacific time zone since they're located in California. Just enter DRPTAXBREAK for 30% off anything and no minimum order value. According to their email it's the last discount for a little while
                                Thanks for that info. I've been looking at a book on that site for a while. Noticed that if you are a new customer, you receive a random free book with eligible purchase.
                                Last edited by Joe315; 04-24-2012, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X