Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 778

Thread: Good deals and bargains...

  1. #601
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    York, SC
    Posts
    635
    Rep Power
    7
    DarkFuse is running a 50% off sale on all in-stock hardcovers: http://www.darkfuseshop.com/Limited-Edition-Hardcovers/

    Just add the book to your cart and the discount will be applied. Of what's available, I highly recommend The Dunfield Terror and A Shrill Keening.

  2. #602
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,618
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    DarkFuse is running a 50% off sale on all in-stock hardcovers: http://www.darkfuseshop.com/Limited-Edition-Hardcovers/

    Just add the book to your cart and the discount will be applied. Of what's available, I highly recommend The Dunfield Terror and A Shrill Keening.
    Thanks for the heads up!

  3. #603
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    York, SC
    Posts
    635
    Rep Power
    7
    If you like your horror on the more extreme side, Necro Publications is running a pretty good clearance sale. Bear in mind that most of the signed stuff is made up of PC copies. Still, the prices aren't bad.

  4. #604
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,950
    Rep Power
    24
    Joe Hill's 20th Century Ghost free ebook with a Fireman Preview!

    https://www.harpercollins.com/978006...-century-ghost

    Not sure how the deals lasts.

  5. #605
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    York, SC
    Posts
    635
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Joe Hill's 20th Century Ghost free ebook with a Fireman Preview!

    https://www.harpercollins.com/978006...-century-ghost

    Not sure how the deals lasts.
    Just to be clear, it's the short story itself, not the collection with the same name.

  6. #606
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Posts
    969
    Rep Power
    11
    Sub Press has some slightly scuffed and/or dinged signed copies of Robert McCammon's Stinger going for $30. I picked one up earlier.

    http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...detail/stinger

  7. #607
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,950
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    Just to be clear, it's the short story itself, not the collection with the same name.
    Good catch, I didn't notice that.

  8. #608
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication jhanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    714
    Rep Power
    10
    I just downloaded it to my Kindle for PC. Worked great!

    John

  9. #609
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    6
    Fred Chappell: Masters of the Weird Tale is on sale for $119 through amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/161...ilpage_o00_s00
    Just bought one this morning.

  10. #610
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,608
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Julzz View Post
    Fred Chappell: Masters of the Weird Tale is on sale for $119 through amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/161...ilpage_o00_s00
    Just bought one this morning.
    Oddly enough, it shows that Chappell volume as being a paperback.

    The David Case MASTERS volume is also on sale, but it does indicate a hardcover.

    I'm a big Centipede Press fan, but neither author does anything for me (nor am I collecting the series), so I will unfortunately need to pass. A heckuva deal for those who are interested, though.

  11. #611
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Oddly enough, it shows that Chappell volume as being a paperback.

    The David Case MASTERS volume is also on sale, but it does indicate a hardcover.

    I'm a big Centipede Press fan, but neither author does anything for me (nor am I collecting the series), so I will unfortunately need to pass. A heckuva deal for those who are interested, though.
    Yea I figured it was a typo as I don't think Jerad published this in paperback, if anything I can always return :/
    I'm not familiar with Chappell but figured it's cheap enough I'd take a shot at it.

  12. #612
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    5
    Just ordered a dinged copy of Stinger. Thanks for the link and all the comments about the Sub Press damaged copies they helped me make my decision on this purchase.

  13. #613
    Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,096
    Rep Power
    9
    Those Masters books are insane deals - great post! I can confirm the hardcover of the Fred Chappell Masters book is 465 pages and Amazon lists 464 so that certainly seems the same book, just incorrectly listed as paperback.

    Chappell's Dagon and Case's Fengriffen, novels contained in each respective Masters book, were looked at in Book Reviews if anyone wants to know a bit more. Dagon is especially nasty...

    Fred Chappell's Dagon:
    http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...ll=1#post75660

    David Case's Fengriffin:
    http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...ll=1#post75631
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

    https://bugensbooks.com/

  14. #614
    Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,096
    Rep Power
    9
    I haven't read 'em all but The Ocean at the End of the Lane is my favorite Gaiman novel so far. A member of the DT forums posted a sale for 40% off at Midtown Comics, including the limited edition along with a bunch of other stuff:

    http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/s...=neil%20gaiman
    Last edited by bugen; 03-10-2016 at 02:58 AM.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

    https://bugensbooks.com/

  15. #615
    Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,096
    Rep Power
    9
    Recently picked up this ebook, which looks like an opportunity to read what could be excellent stories from many authors I'm not familiar with. Still on sale for $0.99 at Amazon:

    http://www.amazon.com/Long-List-Anth...7964974&sr=8-1

    long list.jpg
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

    https://bugensbooks.com/

  16. #616
    Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,096
    Rep Power
    9
    Wednesday Glen Hirshberg released a free 15,000 word story hosted at tor.com. I liked it quite a bit and am still thinking about the ending an hour later.

    "Freedom is Space for the Spirit" @ http://www.tor.com/2016/04/06/freedo...or-the-spirit/

    cover.jpg
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

    https://bugensbooks.com/

  17. #617
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,670
    Rep Power
    52
    Love the art!

  18. #618
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,608
    Rep Power
    14
    I'd like to read it, as I really enjoy Hirshberg's work, but I just can't summon up the wherewithal to read that much text off a screen, particularly my PC. Hopefully it'll show up in his next print collection.

  19. #619
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,257
    Rep Power
    14
    I dig the art as well and love Hirshberg. While I do not like reading on electronic devices, I might have to check this out. Thanks!

  20. #620
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,670
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Love the art!
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I'd like to read it, as I really enjoy Hirshberg's work, but I just can't summon up the wherewithal to read that much text off a screen, particularly my PC. Hopefully it'll show up in his next print collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I dig the art as well and love Hirshberg. While I do not like reading on electronic devices, I might have to check this out. Thanks!
    Good to know I'm not alone in this dislike of eReading .

Similar Threads

  1. Helping a good cause...
    By Ronald Kelly in forum Ronald Kelly
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 11:54 PM
  2. Good palce to start...
    By calason in forum Ronald Kelly
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-30-2011, 12:13 AM
  3. A Very Good UK 1st 'The Dead Zone'
    By Tito_Villa in forum Book Market
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 03:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •