No announcement yet.

Good deals and bargains...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it seems to be in stock here. They have some copies as it says its available and dispatched in 24 hours... Managed to add it to my basket and reach the payment screen and all...

Comment

Thought this might be of interest to you Dan, and a couple other people on here:

http://www.vjbooks.com/Terry-Brooks-.../broanno01.htm

Comment

VJ books is having a fall sale.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....ol6kzhu81FU%3D

Comment

Some of the kind first editions are overpriced. I can get them online or in flea markets much cheaper and in excellent condition...none of the ones on there are rare but some of them were $40-80 which is way too much for newer king firsts.

Comment

I'm not sure this a "good" deal but it seems interesting (even with tape on the spine). A magazine dated 1989 with a story from Ronald Kelly.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
              I'm not sure this a "good" deal but it seems interesting (even with tape on the spine). A magazine dated 1989 with a story from Ronald Kelly.
              Link?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                Link?
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spring-1989-...item2c66d2b4e7

Comment

That is a nice cover but do not know about the price.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                    That is a nice cover but do not know about the price.
                    It does look a bit beat up. There are little dimples in the bottom right hand corner. I made an offer for that and a Brian Hopkins magazine but the seller declined.

Comment

There is a great deal on a group of eBooks at HumbleBundle. You get to set the price and choose how much you want to pay and the money goes to charity and/or the authors in any combination you want. The average amount people pay is about $13 for the set, but you can pay less or more if you want. It's mostly SciFi/Fantasy and the authors include Neil Gaiman, John Scalzi, Paolo Bacigalupi, Kelly Link, and others. The eBooks are DRM free and in multiple formats that work on most eReaders and clients. I purchased a set and I figured some of you might be interested as well.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

- Brian

Comment

Cool list of books. I always wanted to read Pump Six.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                          Cool list of books. I always wanted to read Pump Six.
                          It's crazy how much the original hardback of Pump Six goes for. I see copies for several hundred dollars and I have one the 100 copy signed edition and I've seen it listed (no idea if it sold) for $800. Weird!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                            It's crazy how much the original hardback of Pump Six goes for. I see copies for several hundred dollars and I have one the 100 copy signed edition and I've seen it listed (no idea if it sold) for $800. Weird!
                            Yep they are priced crazy. I keep on looking but haven't found one yet that I considerable to be affordable.

Comment

Everything that is in stock at Darkregions.com is 50% off from Friday through Sunday. If only I had money to spend on a couple books there...I might have some spending money in December, though I probably won't know that until around the 1st though, which is too late for this sale.
                              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                              Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                                Everything that is in stock at Darkregions.com is 50% off from Friday through Sunday. If only I had money to spend on a couple books there...I might have some spending money in December, though I probably won't know that until around the 1st though, which is too late for this sale.
                                Just ordered a bunch of books. My book club code still worked so they were even cheaper. Plus that $10 credit I got for the Halloween grab bag. Ended up being like 2/3 off.

Comment

Working...
                                X