No announcement yet.

Good deals and bargains...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After I emailed DRP about the damage my copy of Glimpses sustained, asking they pack my next order better, they responded with the following:

"I am saddened to see this, and will certainly be having a word with our shipper. Please, can I offer you a replacement copy? All that I ask is you ship the book to us, and we'll take care of it from there.
    Please accept my apology, and we'll have this taken care of for you.
    If you would ship back your damaged copy, we will replace it with a well-protected version so it arrives as it should!"

Hopefully, they change their packing practices so it's not just in a bubble mailer. These are sold out so I don't know what to expect to receive unless they have PC copies lying around. I was also informed that the item ordered a couple weeks ago is no longer available.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
      After I emailed DRP about the damage my copy of Glimpses sustained, asking they pack my next order better, they responded with the following:

"I am saddened to see this, and will certainly be having a word with our shipper. Please, can I offer you a replacement copy? All that I ask is you ship the book to us, and we'll take care of it from there.
      Please accept my apology, and we'll have this taken care of for you.
      If you would ship back your damaged copy, we will replace it with a well-protected version so it arrives as it should!"

Hopefully, they change their packing practices so it's not just in a bubble mailer. These are sold out so I don't know what to expect to receive unless they have PC copies lying around. I was also informed that the item ordered a couple weeks ago is no longer available.
      I would expect that they will number a blank book with the number of the damaged book, then cross off the number on the damaged book and "PC" it. Publishers typically have extra's made to account for damages.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Glad they were willing to do something for you regarding the damage. I've received books from England that I purchased on Amazon or AbeBooks from Awesome Books ( I think ), and they just came in a thin cardboard envelope, and never had any damage.

Comment

I believe there's a couple other people here that may want to take advantage of this offer from Dark Regions. So if you got a copy of Glimpses that was unsufficiently packaged, here's how you can get a better copy:

If you would please include a note indicating the situation to remind our shipper, that would be very helpful.
          Go ahead and send it to our new office address in Portland, which is:

Dark Regions Press, LLC
          6635 N. BALTIMORE AVE., SUITE #241
          PORTLAND, OREGON 97203

Please tell any other collectors you know that have received dinged copies to do the same thing, if you would.
          Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Comment

I pre-ordered a signed/slipcased Encounters with Enoch Coffin, Found out I had $20.00 of store credit so it only cost me $29.50!
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

The eBook edition of NOS4A2 by Joe Hill is currently $7.99 on Amazon and B&N:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009NF6Z2K/...rorbargains-20

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/NOS4A...zOQdEzAEVA&r=1

Brian
              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Subterranean Press - The Third, and likely Final, Round of our First Ever PC Sale
                Joe Hill
                Ray Bradbury
                Jim Butcher
                teh others!
                Was posted 10:00am EST
                Harry up, if you care

http://subterraneanpress.com/news/th...t_ever_pc_sale

Comment

If there's anyone who sent in their dinged copies of Glimpses for a replacement and haven't heard back from DRP, send them an email with the tracking information. Mine delivered a couple weeks ago and since I hadn't heard anything I email them today about it. I now have tracking number for the replacement and their assurance that "we are packing it very well and you should have your new copy of GLIMPSES within two weeks."

I believe there's a couple other people here that may want to take advantage of this offer from Dark Regions. So if you got a copy of Glimpses that was unsufficiently packaged, here's how you can get a better copy:

If you would please include a note indicating the situation to remind our shipper, that would be very helpful.
                  Go ahead and send it to our new office address in Portland, which is:

Dark Regions Press, LLC
                  6635 N. BALTIMORE AVE., SUITE #241
                  PORTLAND, OREGON 97203

Please tell any other collectors you know that have received dinged copies to do the same thing, if you would.
                  Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Comment

Dark Regions is having a permanent 50% sale on backstock items. Apparently with their move they want to eliminate stock and operate with minimal stock....?

Comment

^It's a little confusing. I just know I want Holes for Faces when it is released.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                        ^It's a little confusing. I just know I want Holes for Faces when it is released.
                        That does look pretty good. I haven't read any of his works yet - I do have one Dark Confessions I believe on my Kobo, but I have not got to it as of yet.

Comment

Mine arrived, dinged like yours. I think they were like this before shipping frankly. They have promised me similar replacement as yours.

If there's anyone who sent in their dinged copies of Glimpses for a replacement and haven't heard back from DRP, send them an email with the tracking information. Mine delivered a couple weeks ago and since I hadn't heard anything I email them today about it. I now have tracking number for the replacement and their assurance that "we are packing it very well and you should have your new copy of GLIMPSES within two weeks."
                          If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

I received my replacement and it's in fine shape. They are wrapping and securing it in more bubblewrap but still in the bubblemailer. After I sent it back, they had it for two weeks and never shipped the replacement until I asked them when they were planning to get around to shipping it.

Originally posted by paperdragon View Post
                            Mine arrived, dinged like yours. I think they were like this before shipping frankly. They have promised me similar replacement as yours.

Comment

I ordered a bunch of books from DRP during their moving sale and have not recived anything yet. I e-mailed them twice and first they said it was going out on 7-26, the second time they said that it would be shipped before or by today. Anyone else have this problem?
                              "now youes can't leave"
                              A Bronx Tale
                              directed by Robert De Niro.

Comment

Yes, I asked them a few times and got a different answer every time. Just keep on them and eventually they'll ship it.

Comment

Working...
                                X