No announcement yet.

Sod s/l set, vol 1 & 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then again, it's all relative ... the coffin box L/E of The Stand : Complete & Uncut had a ticket price for $90.00 back when it was released by Doubleday in 1990.

Look at what it goes for now, 22 years later

Comment

Tom said modern day, which i would assume meant the newer stuff. 1990 is 22 years ago as you said yourself. Thats a long time and one of, if not the most popular, SK book.

Comment

Good lord, Teri. That coffin Stand is nearly as old as you are!
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Very True, and the original along with almost half of kings work and SEVERAL of his movies are older...some by alot. lol

Comment

Including some of the relics that haunt this site!
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
              For a matching set $750 - 850 isn't that far off i guess, and for a non-matching one $650-750. The modern day S/L's just aren't going up in value as far as i can see!
              I think it's one of those things that just takes time for copies to disappear into the void so to speak. I mean look at the "From A Buick 8" Signed Limited. They're pretty expensive to get your hands on these days.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Hmmmm i'm not sure, i think when i picked up a copy last year it cost me £180 which included shipping. So i stick with my original statement, that modern day S/L's don't go up in value (apart from IT which is thought to be one of most peoples favourite book).

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                  Hmmmm i'm not sure, i think when i picked up a copy last year it cost me £180 which included shipping. So i stick with my original statement, that modern day S/L's don't go up in value (apart from IT which is thought to be one of most peoples favourite book).
                  I don't know, the only copies I could find on the net right now where going for $780+ which if I remember correctly is above the original price of them.
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

And they will never ever sell for that price, i can assure you of that. Just because people list books at a certain price doersn't mean they will sell, atm it is a buyers market!

Comment

As someone who has been desperately seeking a signed SK book I can afford I can tell you that they have ALL gone up in price a considerable amount in relation to their original prices, with the exception of 11/22/63 and Under the Dome that are still affordable and not much higher than the original price. I find myself wishing I had ordered ALL of the CD limiteds before they sold out but I wasnt around then Original prices are so reasonable and considering the aftermarket I would be VERY happy to have them for my retirement. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                        Tom said modern day, which i would assume meant the newer stuff. 1990 is 22 years ago as you said yourself. Thats a long time and one of, if not the most popular, SK book.
                        The point i was trying to make (badly it would appear) is that in 1990 the Coffin Stand was "new" then, and went for $90.00. It now goes for between $1,200 - $2,500 (depending where you look). One would imagine, in 22 years, when the "new" L/E's, such as BB, SoD, UTD and 11/22/63 are "old" they'll command higher prices - hence the comment that "it's all relative"

Comment

Which is why i am ok with trying to get my hands on the cheaper new ones first because by time I ever sell them they will all be worth alot more than I paid. Collector now, Seller when I am old and King is dead (hopefully, as I said before I may die first and never get old, we'll see)

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEFj2JtB7HU

Not much more to be said Teri

Comment

Your damn Blondie video froze my internet explorer and I hadda reboot. Thanks Woot!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                                Then again, it's all relative ... the coffin box L/E of The Stand : Complete & Uncut had a ticket price for $90.00 back when it was released by Doubleday in 1990.

Look at what it goes for now, 22 years later
                                The initial price of the limited Stand was $325 (when you could find one.) I got one from a dealer about six months or so after it was issued for $700.

John

Comment

Working...
                                X