Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Do You Ask??

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Teriw's Avatar
    More people to hate...lol

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Very nice....Lori! All my personalized book are by Ronald Kelly; I don't think too much about books inscribed to other people, but if i every saw one inscribed " TO Squire" I jump on it and claim it personalized to me!

So that avatar photo was taken before you were arrested for loitering, right? In your previous avatar, was that George Romero you were getting cuddly with?
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed misery chastain loves co.'s Avatar
    Hahahaha! Thank you! Nothing like a little stalking right?? I now live about 5 miles from there but alas, STILL have not seen him!!!
    That was George Romero! My other hero! Keen eye Mr. B! Don't you forget to tell me about the BluePaw

Why was the ending of "Cell" not included in the book?

But seriously... I'd ask what happened to him as a young teen that's he's kept buried all these years?

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    I'm sure I'll get it evetually. But I'll let you know. TIme to go to work....until next time...
    "I'm a vegan. "

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed misery chastain loves co.'s Avatar
    work? you poor man. I hope all goes well. Have a good rest of your weekend!

Time for me to go home. No wonder were always on at the same time. opposite shifts. goodnight all

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    Awesome avatar and signed book Lori!! The things that half the people on here would do for a book like that....

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TerryE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiabei View Post

But seriously... I'd ask what happened to him as a young teen that's he's kept buried all these years?
    Several years ago I was at an event with Steve, Tabby, and Owen King. During the Q&A session they opened questions and everyone wanted to ask Steve something. So towards the end they specifically asked for questions for Tabitha and Owen. Someone actually stood up and asked Owen what it was like growing up with Stephen King. I think they wanted some sort of horror story about how creepy his dad is and that he's scarred for life because of it. Nope, Owen just told how it was a pretty normal childhood and that his parents went through great pains to keep it normal even though dad was one of the most famous people on the planet.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

He likes to leave the ending out a lot. It pisses me off. I think cell is the only novel I have noticed so far. Most of them are short stories or in the case of the mist, a novella.

He likes to leave the ending out a lot. It pisses me off. I think cell is the only novel I have noticed so far. Most of them are short stories or in the case of the mist, a novella. These two, the mist and cell, stick out the most for me along with the raft...I was particularly angry with that one. Cell too, the mist not so much because I tend to think of the movie ending which is much better IMO.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Tasmaniac's Avatar
    I'd ask him - "You wrote those Twilight novels, right?"
    Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
    http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Ouch! Do you ask him that before or after you stab himwith your No. 2 pencil?
    Last edited by srboone; 03-22-2012 at 05:28 AM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Tasmaniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    Ouch! Do you ask him that before or after you stab with you No. 2 pencil?
    Oh definitely after - I'd want to hear the denials!

With my bloodied, splintered pencil raised to the gods - leaving approximately half embedded in his right eye - I scream to the encompassing crowd, "The King is dead! Long live the King!" A wave of shock pulsates through their blank faces until his offspring, Joe, deftly empties his gun of 45's into what is technically classed as my heart.

Okay, Meds time again!
    Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
    http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Junior Member Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by misery chastain loves co. View Post
    Picture it...you finally get to meet the man in person...you run into him in Bangor(aka Derry) Maine, or a book signing..or win the lottery and pay for some dang time with him! What is the first burning question you ask him?

(I apologize if this has been done already but hey, if so, I missed it so please answer again! )
    I would ask Stephen if he was ever afraid of one of his characters that he was about to write about. I have a character in a story that I am writing that is based on an experience I had years ago. I found myself writing the short story, but I realized that I was doing it in a clinical way. I have written technical reports in the past and recognized this. My husband thinks it is because I am afraid of the character in the story. I would love to know his response.