Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 117

Thread: Menace's Collection

  1. #21
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Moncton New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    192
    Rep Power
    10



















  2. #22
    Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The edge of a valley in the middle of a desert.
    Posts
    1,469
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace View Post
    James Rollins is great I was bored at work one night and I found Deep Fantom and I was hooked .... and I Love the Sigma books. and I need to get a signed copy of Ice Hunt and Amazonia and Subterranean which is my Favorite of his.
    I actually have hardcover editions of all his books and all but 1 or 2 are signed. I started with Amazonia, which is still my favorite, and have been hooked ever since. If your looking for a signed copy of Amazonia, I payed about $60 for mine a couple of years ago just to give you an idea of what its worth. I've seen one on Abebooks.com for $300, which IMO, is way over priced.

  3. #23
    Nothing to see here! Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,685
    Rep Power
    27
    I could have sworn that this thread started with the words 'meager collection'. Impressive collection would be more appropriate. Especially love the Chap Books.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Moncton New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    192
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I could have sworn that this thread started with the words 'meager collection'. Impressive collection would be more appropriate. Especially love the Chap Books.
    Meager to me because I do not yet have a signed Stephen King book. Hmmmmmmmmmmm if I accidently cut off a hand at work I can get a few thousand dollars... or maybe I can get away with just severing an index finger and a thumb for 1000.00 or a foot...so many possiblities so little guts hahahahaha

  5. #25
    Nothing to see here! Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,685
    Rep Power
    27
    Keep looking and you will be amazed at what you can find. I have at least 10 King signed books and have paid as little as $40.00 and never over $300.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace View Post
    Meager to me because I do not yet have a signed Stephen King book. Hmmmmmmmmmmm if I accidently cut off a hand at work I can get a few thousand dollars... or maybe I can get away with just severing an index finger and a thumb for 1000.00 or a foot...so many possiblities so little guts hahahahaha

  6. #26
    Grant Wootton
    Guest
    Nothing meager about your collection in the slightest Menace - and there are plenty of rightly priced SK books out there, just a begging to be found

  7. #27
    Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    8,659
    Rep Power
    28
    Something signed by SK is not a benchmark for a collection Menace! You've got some really good stuff here. Thanks for posting it! (I didn't get my first signed SK until 5 months ago, eventhough I'd been hording (not really collecting) books for 30 years!)
    "I'm a vegan. "

    ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

  8. #28
    Senior Member Hearing Voices Tito_Villa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    A cottage in the middle of England
    Posts
    1,034
    Rep Power
    12
    Love it, and glad that things are starting to look better in life for you!

  9. #29
    Slightly off Kilter 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    55
    Nice! Good job with the heart and The Heart!!
    MDH

  10. #30
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Moncton New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    192
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    Something signed by SK is not a benchmark for a collection Menace! You've got some really good stuff here. Thanks for posting it! (I didn't get my first signed SK until 5 months ago, eventhough I'd been hording (not really collecting) books for 30 years!)
    When I was in school I hated to read unless it was a comic book. Some 300 page book with no pictures what the heck is that crap and how could anyone actually enjoy that. Well when I was 18 I was home alone , no money, bored out of my skull because I had nothing to do. My sister was a big reader and had a paperback of The Stand on the end table in the living room. The cover of the book drew me in and I thought why not if I didn't like it I only wasted 5 minutes. Well I picked it up and started reading and next thing I knew 3 hours had gone by I was totally drawn into the story I could not believe how visual a book without pictures could be. I could see every little detail in my head better than if I sat in front of the tv watching a movie. I was hooked from then on in. I looked for every Stephen King book I could fine to read I couldn't get enough of it. I started reading and writing because of Mr. King. So 30 years later and Stephen King is still my favorite author so that is why a signed Sk would be a benchmark to my collection and is why my collection feels meager without it.

  11. #31
    Nothing to see here! Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,685
    Rep Power
    27
    Cool story Menace. I began reading King in high school and he remains one of my favorite writers. My first limited purchase was Legacies, signed by King, and I have been fortunate enough to see him live once. I understand what you are saying, however you have an impressive collection. Enjoy your quest for a King singed book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace View Post
    When I was in school I hated to read unless it was a comic book. Some 300 page book with no pictures what the heck is that crap and how could anyone actually enjoy that. Well when I was 18 I was home alone , no money, bored out of my skull because I had nothing to do. My sister was a big reader and had a paperback of The Stand on the end table in the living room. The cover of the book drew me in and I thought why not if I didn't like it I only wasted 5 minutes. Well I picked it up and started reading and next thing I knew 3 hours had gone by I was totally drawn into the story I could not believe how visual a book without pictures could be. I could see every little detail in my head better than if I sat in front of the tv watching a movie. I was hooked from then on in. I looked for every Stephen King book I could fine to read I couldn't get enough of it. I started reading and writing because of Mr. King. So 30 years later and Stephen King is still my favorite author so that is why a signed Sk would be a benchmark to my collection and is why my collection feels meager without it.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Hearing Voices Tito_Villa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    A cottage in the middle of England
    Posts
    1,034
    Rep Power
    12
    Is they a certain book you would like signed?

  13. #33
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Moncton New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    192
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Is they a certain book you would like signed?
    The Stand or It as they are my 2 favorite books would be my first choice. I almost had my hand on a limited Under the dome but lost the bidding in the last 30 seconds on ebay. But actually any SK signed limited edition book would be a fantastic book for me to have.

  14. #34
    Senior Member Hearing Voices Tito_Villa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    A cottage in the middle of England
    Posts
    1,034
    Rep Power
    12
    I was asking so i can keep an eye out for a decent priced copy for you. The Stand and IT might be hard to come by though, and won't be cheap either. Have you read the new book 11/22/63 ? It's a great read and i bet if you look you could find a good deal on ebay on a signed 1st!?

  15. #35
    Senior Member Inmate rusty23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    388
    Rep Power
    10
    I like all the Lebbon in your collection.

  16. #36
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Moncton New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    192
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    I was asking so i can keep an eye out for a decent priced copy for you. The Stand and IT might be hard to come by though, and won't be cheap either. Have you read the new book 11/22/63 ? It's a great read and i bet if you look you could find a good deal on ebay on a signed 1st!?
    On I know The stand and it will not be cheap and hard to fine but that is my if I win the lottery dream I will buy them. I am also thinking about getting a second job for a month or 2 just to get the money to buy one. I haven't read 11/22/63 yet waiting on it to be shipped with the slipcase ..its not signed though.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Moncton New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    192
    Rep Power
    10















  18. #38
    Grant Wootton
    Guest
    Very cool adds Menace

  19. #39
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Moncton New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    192
    Rep Power
    10
    A Few more




















  20. #40
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Moncton New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    192
    Rep Power
    10
    The last of them until the ones on order come in. All thes stephen king books are first editions and about 60% of them were defaced by my exwife by either writing in them or ripping out pages . some she torn up so they are not there. Looking to replace all the ones she ruined.



















    Last edited by Menace; 03-06-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •