No announcement yet.

Cemetery Dance ARC Giveaway Winners!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The script for "The Joy of Living" was produced as an episode of "Norman Corwin Presents" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1566276/), a Canadian anthology series. The script was interesting, and I would watch it if I came across it on TV one night. However, the real stars of this piece are the introduction and set report, both also written by Nolan. The introduction briefly tells about how "The Joy of Living" was Mr. Nolan's first story sale (to IF magazine in 1954) and his first TV sale. The set report, "With Corwin and Company in Canada: A Television Odyssey" describes Nolan's experiences on the set of the show, where he spent a week writing and re-writing, observing the taping, and even co-starring (to an extent). This fascinating description of the process of making a TV show was written for Coast magazine, which folded before the story was published. The context provided by these pieces increased my appreciation of the script dramatically, but also accentuate the fact that the context is missing from all of the other stories/scripts/etc. that I have read so far. My enjoyment of the script was also enhanced by its raw nature: words are whited-out and replaced hand-written ones, and pages are inserted (as described in the set report).

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Fulman View Post
      In the ARC, page 16 of the Showdown script is repeated on pages 46 and 47 of the book. I wonder if this is an error on CD's part, of if the mistake was in Darabont's orginal file, as all the scripts are shown in "the author's own formatting"
      Yep we caught that. The arc's are made off of the first phase of book design. After the manuscripts have been proof read, but the actual design work hasn't been proof read yet. Unless for some reason the arc's where made late in the game, which doesn't happen often.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Finally got screamplays. Will post pics in my collection later when I have time.

Comment

Congrats Teri!

Comment

Its huge. I thought itd be smaller than smoke and mirrors since there's fewer in it but judging by Roberts pictures its thicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
              Its huge. I thought itd be smaller than smoke and mirrors since there's fewer in it but judging by Roberts pictures its thicker.
              Yep it's slightly thicker than smoke and mirrors.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
              X