Thread: Cemetery Dance Art Book:

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar

Cemetery Dance Art Book:

I would love to see a 'The Art of Cemetery Dance' book. I envision it as something similar to the Centipede Press Stephen King Art Book Knowing Darkness. It would display all the art from every limited and lettered book CD has produced. Each section would include stories about the production of the book and some could even have comments about the book from the author and artists.
    That is a book I would want to own!

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    Definitely!
    CD, are you listening?

sk

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    We've been throwing around some idea's to do with art, nothing really book related (in the sense the the product wouldn't be a book), but I think a art book would be a really cool idea.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    This would be awesome! Would like to see something with magazine art as well!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    I would even love on of the best of the cover art from CD titles without the title/author, etc.
    Last edited by bsaenz24; 05-09-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Junior Member Visitor
    I also would enjoy something like this but please make it smaller than the Stephen King book if you do it. There's a point when a book is so big it's unpractical and Centipede did this with the king book, imo. It's nice, but will I ever read and look at the whole thing? No, as I just don't have the patience to sit at a table and go through it, as that is the only way to read it.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed calason's Avatar
    I would be all over this! A CD cover art book or limited cover portfolio would be stellar. Could do it chronologically by book or by artist.
    -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
    gamertag : calason

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    I also would enjoy something like this but please make it smaller than the Stephen King book if you do it. There's a point when a book is so big it's unpractical and Centipede did this with the king book, imo. It's nice, but will I ever read and look at the whole thing? No, as I just don't have the patience to sit at a table and go through it, as that is the only way to read it.
    Good point... too big to love kinda situation

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    I love the fact that Knowing Darkness is a huge book.
    I did go through the whole thing, read it from cover to cover, drooling over those amazing illustrations.

Size does matter!

sk

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour Tree705's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    I totally agree, In fact I purged my copy of Salems Lot from my collection for that exact reason, I just couldn't enjoy it.
    Rich DeMars

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    The only thing I didn't like about my copy of Salem's Lot from Centipede Press is that the material is dust magnet!!!

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    I like the size of Knowing Darkness because, in my opinion, it allows the art to be showcased. I do however see that the size can be rather cumbersome. I just received Knowing Darkness and I tried laying in bed and reading the introduction. I quickly realized that you can't do that with this book. I read the intro by setting the book on the table and reading it. I will eventually read the entire text but it will take some time. I would prefer a CD art book to be this size but would understand if it was smaller, as long as it was not any smaller than SOD. I think the size of SOD would be a nice compromise!

Junior Member Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree705 View Post
    I totally agree, In fact I purged my copy of Salems Lot from my collection for that exact reason, I just couldn't enjoy it.
    <aghast> Rich, you're killing me. Missing out on Centipede's Salem's Lot has been one of my biggest book collecting regrets of the past decade. Didn't you have an uber-deluxe, roman numeral edition? When did you sell yours?
    Last edited by fleggett; 05-22-2011 at 03:59 AM.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour Tree705's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fleggett View Post
    <aghast> Rich, you're killing me. Missing out on Centipede's Salem's Lot has been one of my biggest book collecting regrets of the past decade. Didn't you have an uber-deluxe, roman numeral edition? When did you sell yours?
    It was a red ink one, I sold it at Horror Mall, I got $1800 for it. I would have traded it for a Stand S/L in a heart beat. I kept the extra pieces of art though.
    Rich DeMars

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Quote Originally Posted by fleggett View Post
    Missing out on Centipede's Salem's Lot has been one of my biggest book collecting regrets of the past decade.
    Same here! I consider myself lucky to have recently purchased a mint copy of the limited edition with traycase and a set of the extra prints for a good price, but it still kills me that I missed it in the first place.

Junior Member Visitor AY_gunslinger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I like the size of Knowing Darkness because, in my opinion, it allows the art to be showcased. I do however see that the size can be rather cumbersome. I just received Knowing Darkness and I tried laying in bed and reading the introduction. I quickly realized that you can't do that with this book. I read the intro by setting the book on the table and reading it. I will eventually read the entire text but it will take some time. I would prefer a CD art book to be this size but would understand if it was smaller, as long as it was not any smaller than SOD. I think the size of SOD would be a nice compromise!
    This book is really for a coffee table. That table better be huge, too. Maybe, there should be a kit to add four legs to the book and turn it into a coffee table. ~AY

Junior Member Visitor
    While I'll admit Knowing Darkness and, to a lesser extent, A Lovecraft Retrospective are difficult to handle, their sheer size and weight are big parts of their attraction (for me, at least). These are MANLY tomes. And they do a tremendous job of showcasing the art on heavy stock using fully processed deep color. The traycase alone for KD is an engineering and artistic triumph.

Dave, you and me both. Did you purchase a leatherbound volume? I'm still a bit confused as to what binding was used for which edition.
    The angry book collector.
    www.awfulbooks.com

Quote Originally Posted by frik51 View Post
    I love the fact that Knowing Darkness is a huge book.
    I did go through the whole thing, read it from cover to cover, drooling over those amazing illustrations.

Size does matter!

sk
    Yeah, all 15 pounds of it!