Cemetery Dance Art Book:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cemetery Dance Art Book:

I would love to see a 'The Art of Cemetery Dance' book. I envision it as something similar to the Centipede Press Stephen King Art Book Knowing Darkness. It would display all the art from every limited and lettered book CD has produced. Each section would include stories about the production of the book and some could even have comments about the book from the author and artists.
    That is a book I would want to own!

Definitely!
    CD, are you listening?

sk

Comment

We've been throwing around some idea's to do with art, nothing really book related (in the sense the the product wouldn't be a book), but I think a art book would be a really cool idea.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

This would be awesome! Would like to see something with magazine art as well!
        " a.k.a brother odd"

Comment

I would even love on of the best of the cover art from CD titles without the title/author, etc.
          Last edited by bsaenz24; 05-09-2011, 09:38 PM.

Comment

I also would enjoy something like this but please make it smaller than the Stephen King book if you do it. There's a point when a book is so big it's unpractical and Centipede did this with the king book, imo. It's nice, but will I ever read and look at the whole thing? No, as I just don't have the patience to sit at a table and go through it, as that is the only way to read it.

Comment

I would be all over this! A CD cover art book or limited cover portfolio would be stellar. Could do it chronologically by book or by artist.
              -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
              gamertag : calason

Comment

Originally posted by Cutter View Post
                I also would enjoy something like this but please make it smaller than the Stephen King book if you do it. There's a point when a book is so big it's unpractical and Centipede did this with the king book, imo. It's nice, but will I ever read and look at the whole thing? No, as I just don't have the patience to sit at a table and go through it, as that is the only way to read it.
                Good point... too big to love kinda situation

Comment

I love the fact that Knowing Darkness is a huge book.
                  I did go through the whole thing, read it from cover to cover, drooling over those amazing illustrations.

Size does matter!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by Cutter View Post
                    I totally agree, In fact I purged my copy of Salems Lot from my collection for that exact reason, I just couldn't enjoy it.
                    Rich DeMars

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

The only thing I didn't like about my copy of Salem's Lot from Centipede Press is that the material is dust magnet!!!

Comment

I like the size of Knowing Darkness because, in my opinion, it allows the art to be showcased. I do however see that the size can be rather cumbersome. I just received Knowing Darkness and I tried laying in bed and reading the introduction. I quickly realized that you can't do that with this book. I read the intro by setting the book on the table and reading it. I will eventually read the entire text but it will take some time. I would prefer a CD art book to be this size but would understand if it was smaller, as long as it was not any smaller than SOD. I think the size of SOD would be a nice compromise!

Comment

Originally posted by Tree705 View Post
                          I totally agree, In fact I purged my copy of Salems Lot from my collection for that exact reason, I just couldn't enjoy it.
                          <aghast> Rich, you're killing me. Missing out on Centipede's Salem's Lot has been one of my biggest book collecting regrets of the past decade. Didn't you have an uber-deluxe, roman numeral edition? When did you sell yours?
                          Last edited by fleggett; 05-22-2011, 03:59 AM.
                          The angry book collector.
                          www.awfulbooks.com

Comment

Originally posted by fleggett View Post
                            <aghast> Rich, you're killing me. Missing out on Centipede's Salem's Lot has been one of my biggest book collecting regrets of the past decade. Didn't you have an uber-deluxe, roman numeral edition? When did you sell yours?
                            It was a red ink one, I sold it at Horror Mall, I got $1800 for it. I would have traded it for a Stand S/L in a heart beat. I kept the extra pieces of art though.
                            Rich DeMars

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by fleggett View Post
                              Missing out on Centipede's Salem's Lot has been one of my biggest book collecting regrets of the past decade.
                              Same here! I consider myself lucky to have recently purchased a mint copy of the limited edition with traycase and a set of the extra prints for a good price, but it still kills me that I missed it in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                              X