Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe315's Colleciton

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Doesn't matter, the fact that you HAVE it that's important. Never rebind it it. Take care of it, but if the cover falls off, keep it with it. That's a terrific piece there!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    The edge of a valley in the middle of a desert.
    I definitely won't rebind it then. Only a couple of pages are actually still bound in, the rest are all loose. I actually remembered I had it because you were posting books once owned by your grandmother. Thanks for that.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    I agree with Squire, Take care of it and do not rebind it. Great item to have.

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    You're welcome, Joe. I have a lot of rubberbanded items of my grand and great-grand parents.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Grant Wootton
    The Websters is just fantastic Joe, worth far more than a lot of other "collectibles" that one sees - yours has history, moreover, personal meaning !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Wootton View Post
    The Websters is just fantastic Joe, worth far more than a lot of other "collectibles" that one sees - yours has history, moreover, personal meaning !!!
    Strangely, according to the first page, the dictionary wasn't published by Webster. It doesn't say who did, I may be missing that page. Maybe that was commonplace in the 1920s.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Interesting.I agree with everyone else that is indeed a special addition.

Two Clive Cussler books that I got signed recently. Sahara was the first of his I read, right before the movie came out. Haven't read Dragon yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

UK and US first of editions of Straight Razor Cure (Low Town in the US). I think this would be best described as a fantasy crime book. I'm about 1/3rd the way through. It's pretty good so far.
    Last edited by Joe315; 04-03-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Amazonia by James Rollins. He is probably my favourite author, and this is the first book of his that I read. Although this particular copy was a later addition.

Grant Wootton
    Really envy you the signed Cussler's Joe !!!! He's one of my favourite non-horror writers (even though they're big boofy blokes books I love 'em !!!)

I really enjoy his books. The co-written books aren't as good as his solo stuff but, imo, the best of his co-written works are the ones with Jack DuBrul.

Terrific signed editions, Joe. Looking forward to more! (I think I've read one Cussler novel--Raise the Titanic--shortly after the movie came out.)
    "I'm a vegan. "

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Great stuff. I read 1 Cussler novel a long long time ago.I enjoyed it but have not read anything else by him.My TBR pile is more then big enough.

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Teriw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Amazonia by James Rollins. He is probably my favourite author, and this is the first book of his that I read. Although this particular copy was a later addition.
    delightfully creepy cover. Love it

Grant Wootton
    With your on the collaborated Cussler's Joe, they're okay, but I prefer the Dirk Pitt series over the rest (although probably not quite so much since he started interjecting himself into the novels and co-writing the Pitt novels with his son) Lately the whole Cussler franchise seems to be getting out of control, like James Peterson, who seems to have co-written a book with everyone on the face of the earth except for me
    Last edited by Grant Wootton; 04-01-2012 at 04:18 AM.

Patterson is ridiculous. It seems like there is new book with his name on it every week. I enjoy all of the Cussler series but I hope he doesn't get to the level of Patterson. Eventually quantity is favored over quality and that's never a good thing.

My first edition of Fight Club.

86a71f88.jpg67c665fa-1.jpg

UK/US firsts of The Silent Sea by Clive Cussler. I really like the UK cover better, which is the main reason I bought it. IMO, most of the UK covers for Cussler's recent books have been better then their US counterparts.

1e58b490.jpg4e561b1a.jpgba7ddd83.jpg

The Strain Trilogy. The second two are signed, The Fall by both authors and The Night Eternal by Hogan.

f7893c85.jpgbffc0fea.jpgd1dc508a.jpg