No announcement yet.

Joe315's Colleciton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stranger's Child by Alan Hollinghurst. Not something I would normally read but seemed interesting. I will get to it when it reaches the top of my TBR pile.

IMG_1026.jpg
    IMG_1027.jpgIMG_1028.jpg
    Last edited by Joe315; 03-01-2012, 12:49 AM.

Comment

The Complete Farside by Gary Larson. These are big and heavy books.

IMG_1033.jpgIMG_1034.jpg
      IMG_1035.jpgIMG_1036.jpg
      Last edited by Joe315; 03-01-2012, 12:50 AM.

Comment

These are our oldest books. Volumes 1 and 2 of the Manual of the Holy Catholic Church, published 1906. My grandpa found these in the attic of a house he bought. They are in pretty good shape for being 106 years old.

IMG_1037.jpg
        IMG_1038.jpg
        IMG_1039.jpg
        Last edited by Joe315; 03-01-2012, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful! Definitely a treasure!
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I won this in a contest run by the author. Its part of a display for a bookstore that he signed.

photo-2.jpg
            Last edited by Joe315; 03-01-2012, 12:11 AM.

Comment

This is very cool.Love this alot.I am very in to early history of christianity.It is a secret passion of mine.Also the Passage is a great looking book.Nice start welcome to the thread.
              Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
              These are our oldest books. Volumes 1 and 2 of the Manual of the Holy Catholic Church, published 1906. My grandpa found these in the attic of a house he bought. They are in pretty good shape for being 106 years old.

Comment

Love the Harry Potter and Holy Catholic books.

Comment

Wow, looks great for something over a hundred years old! And those HP endpapers on the limited are really nice! O

Oh, and I think you can upload pics directly from your computer to the forum and just have them in the thread right away.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                    Wow, looks great for something over a hundred years old! And those HP endpapers on the limited are really nice! O

Oh, and I think you can upload pics directly from your computer to the forum and just have them in the thread right away.
                    I tried but I was having issues doing so. I'll try again and see if I can get it to work.

Comment

I think I got the pictures posted so they show up a good size and don't have to be clicked to be viewed at a larger size.

This book belonged to a friend of my great great uncle who passed it on to my uncle and then to my family. It's called Why Winners Win and it is a sports psychology book. It was published in 1927.

IMG_1041.jpgIMG_1044.jpg
                      Last edited by Joe315; 01-30-2014, 10:04 PM.

Comment

This is my most recent purchase, The English Monster by Lloyd Sheppard.

IMG_1045-1.jpg
                        IMG_1046.jpg
                        IMG_1047.jpg

Comment

I got this picture thing down now.

This is a first printing of The Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy.

IMG_1048.jpg
                          Last edited by Joe315; 03-01-2012, 12:47 AM.

Comment

First printing of the The Silence of the Lambs. Based on the condition of this book, I think its an unread copy or whoever owned it before me took really good care of it.

IMG_1049.jpg

Comment

This book is called Styx by Christopher Hyde. Its a good book. I wouldn't consider it a collectible but I like it. Most of the books I read are more recently published where people use iPhones and laptops frequently, where this book was published in 1982 and one of the characters is a journalist who carries a portable typewriter around with him. Kind of interesting to see how far we have come technologically since the 80s.

IMG_1050.jpg
                              Last edited by Joe315; 03-01-2012, 01:38 AM.

Comment

This is an ARC of Diary signed by Chuck Palahniuk.

IMG_1056.jpgIMG_1057.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X