No announcement yet.

Easton Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squire, why did you have to mention Fight Club? Now I have to buy another book that I can't live without, and I was trying to at least somewhat behave myself until Monday's announcement. But I am excited to see an EP edition of the book--CP is one of my favorite authors.

I also picked up the signed limited Cat's Cradle from EP a few months ago, and it's beautiful.

Comment

American Psycho announced this morning from Easton Press:

american psycho.jpg
      “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
      -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Saw that, not a bad price actually. I hate dealing with them direct though, such a hassle getting them to ship to Canada, and last time I did it was VERY poorly packaged.

Comment

I have Centipede Press' edition, but I may have to get this one too! Haven't gotten my catalog yet, so I hadn't seen that one.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I have the Centipede Press edition but already ordered the Easton one. Can't have enough copies of that book.

Comment

Too true, Too true. Like Ghost Story. I go out of my way for a new edition of that one.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I picked up a copy the morning Easton announced it. Those who are thinking of also picking up a copy may want to hurry...if there are any left, I don't expect this one -- the only American hardcover, other than the Centipede edition, and signed -- to last very long. I tell you, too, if I was a betting man, I'd buy a few more copies to flip for a significant return in a couple years. It's the rare exception where one can accurately predict a small-press item will increase in value...I believe this is one of those times. We'll see if time proves me right.

But since my budget is finite and my wants nearly infinite, I can't indulge such predictions.

Though I've read infamous bits and pieces of it over the years, I've actually never read the entire thing from start to finish, so this'll be a nice way to do that.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

^I agree, but I have yet to jump on it. My problem is ordering from Easton direct. It sucks ordering in Canada and their packaging even worse...

Comment

Theli I'd try being a middleman if you think it might help. EP packaging is sparse, but if it's handling issues across the border I can repackage their shipment in a more padded box. It's got to travel from coast to coast to reach me in LA but I've yet to have one damaged in transit.

If you really want a book I'd hate to see the barrier for any of my peeps to be shipping. Which is, of course, the position that Easton should be taking. I think they're just old, set in their ways and resistant to change.
                    -John Barth

Comment

^Yeah I agree. What can you do though? Thank you a million times over for the offer! Luckily I'm not too far from the border and I just talked to a buddy recently that goes down about once a month to visit in laws and pick up packages, so I can always ask him to pick it up from his PO Box by the border if I decide to take the plunge.

Comment

Neverwhere announced this morning by Easton Press:

Neverwhere.jpg
                        -John Barth

Comment

There is a book I've always told myself I'd buy if EP publishes an edition of it. Well, they did and I bought it. Should be here soon. Expensive, tho. The Barnes and Noble leather bound edition is much cheaper. And more colorful, too.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Give us a hint, please, Squire....
                            Or is it the book posted above your announcement??

sk

Comment

Easton's Doré Bible, perhaps? Out of my league, I'm afraid, but I did pick up Barnes and Noble's Doré:

SAM_1215.JPG
                              -John Barth

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                                Give us a hint, please, Squire....
                                Or is it the book posted above your announcement??

sk
                                Ahhh....Good to hear from you, Siep. It wasn't posted above the announcement, but I'm going to wait until I get it before the big reveal.

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                                Easton's Doré Bible, perhaps? Out of my league, I'm afraid, but I did pick up Barnes and Noble's Doré:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16844[/ATTACH]
                                That's a good guess! I love Dore's work, but that's not it.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X