I Am Legend prequel? sequel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Am Legend prequel? sequel?

Interesting idea. But is it really necessary?

http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/warn...e-i-am-legend/
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

After I Am Legend first came out there were already talks of a second film. They wanted to do a prequel, but then scrapped it. I liked the alternate ending of the movie better than the one shown in theaters. I'm interested to see what they can come up with...

"Francis Lawrence said in late 2008 that there would be a prequel and that Will Smith would be reprising his role. He stated that the film would reveal what happens to Neville before the infected take over New York. D. B. Weiss was recruited to write the script, while Lawrence would direct "if we figure out the story". Smith stated the film would have Neville and his team going from New York City to Washington, D.C. and back again, as they made their last stand. The film would again explore the premise of what it's like to be alone, as Lawrence explained, "... the tough thing is, how do we do that again and in a different way?

On May 3, 2011, Francis Lawrence stated that, so far as it involved him, the prequel was dead, with Lawrence stating,"I don't think that's ever going to happen."

In 2012, Warner Brothers announced that deals had been made to produce "another installment" (not the rumored prequel), with the intention of having Will Smith reprise his role."

Comment

Well, they finally got someone to write the screenplay, but Smith won't commit til it's done.
      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Great story but overall the movies have stunk.I wish they would let it rest.

Comment

They can't. Once someone out west smells a potential franachise, they work it til it's dead. And then they try one more movie, just make sure
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Great book. I think the Vincent Price Film captures the sense of loss and isolation that Matheson was striving for when he wrote the book. The other films are just action films. Nothing wrong with that, but they fall short of the mark.
            MDH

Comment

Squire's right. They'll beat that dead horse, but any other film here is completely unnecessary.
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

True, but that goes for most sequels/prequels.
                Take Scotts Alien prequel, Prometheus. I love the fact that Scott's returning to what he did/does best, but was it really necessary?

sk

Comment

Working...
                X