No announcement yet.

Teriw's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice start.I agree that no collection is to small or to large to share.I can only echo what others have said.This is a very disfunctional family of fun loving book loving maniacs.Welcome aboard.I have only been collecting for 4 years and You will be surprised at how fast your collection will grow.I do have to disagree with you on
    reading your books.That is what they are for to take down look through and read and enjoy.I used to feel like you when I started collecting but as the books came I started to realise how great the quality was,and how much I enjoyed reading them as opposed to just looking at them.Give it time and you will understand.Great start I look forward to seeing more.

Comment

I agree on the reading. As long as you are careful about it, lol. The quality is much much better than what the mass market books. It's usually pretty obvious when a large HC book from the big companies has been read. The same book coming from a company like Cemetery Dance will still look marvelous
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

I just find the books aweward to handle when trying to read them. That's all.

Comment

Nice collection, neat bookcases. Every journey starts with a single book.
          "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
            I just find the books aweward to handle when trying to read them. That's all.
            Ah, I personally prefer to hold a hardcover book typically, though not as convenient sometimes
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

I don't have to hold my ereader at all. I lay in bed on my side n lean it against a pillow. Ir at work I just sit it on my desk.

Comment

Teri I saw your post in my collection thread and wanted to let you know the new Rocky Wood SK unpublished is still available on the overlook connection web site.Do not know for how much longer preorders are being taken.

Comment

I know, even though I regret not getting it, I still can't. Short on funds. Trying to buy a house and I literally have no money saved yet because I keep buying books even though its clear which one is more important. Thank god my boyfriend has some money saved, I'm hoping to manage the closing costs myself and I keep buying damn books. I need help...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                    I know, even though I regret not getting it, I still can't. Short on funds. Trying to buy a house and I literally have no money saved yet because I keep buying books even though its clear which one is more important. Thank god my boyfriend has some money saved, I'm hoping to manage the closing costs myself and I keep buying damn books. I need help...lol.
                    We all need the help.Maybe we should start BBA.Book Buyers Anonamos.

Comment

If I hadn't found CD I think i'd be ok. lol

Comment

True true true.

Comment

Screw the house, Teri. You know you want to live in a shitty apartment surrounded by nothing but shelves (and stacks) of books!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Shitty apartments don't have room for books. I've lived in enough of them. My current lil bookshelf u've seen is also pretty well full and my bedroom in my parents basement does not have room for another. ...unlesss I throw out the boyfriends DVD collection. That wouldnt go over well...so far theyre worth more than my books. lol

Comment

But, priorities, my dear. Priorities!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

the NOTLD script i ordered him will seem so pointless for someone who no longer has a DVD collection. ...hmm..unless...I keep it for my book collection...no, stop trying to turn me evil. It will not come to the dark side!

Comment

Working...
                                X