Teriw's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teriw's Collection

I wasn't going to do this then decided to do it anyway. I wasn't going to because my collection is measley and full of cheap ratty books but I decided to start posting now then just add each book when I get them that way I wont end up posting 10,000 books at one time like one other SK collector I know had to I have 4 orders with CD I am impatiently awaiting right now so they will come next. For now...

These I keep out front my favorite books...(The book itself not the story, havent even read IT or The Colorado Kid yet) The Colorado Kid is here because my boyfriend hada go through some shit to get it through ebay (He doesnt have an ebay account, a cc or paypal so it was quite the joint effort between him and his dad trying to get it on time for Christmas)
    IMG-20120219-00349.jpg

My Favorite and most expensive book to date...
    IMG-20120219-00350.jpg

Pop-up version of my ACTUAL favorite SK book...
    IMG-20120219-00351.jpg

Top shelf, All first editions (Not necessarily first print, I Honestly have no Idea) Also a few missing DJ's
    IMG-20120219-00352.jpg

Second Shelf mostly paperbacks, nothing special here...
    IMG-20120219-00353.jpg

I would like to add though that these two shelves( Minus Lisey's story PB, and The Green Mile) were purchased in a lot for $100 at a flea market because my boyfriend wanted me to get as many as possible for christmas and it turned out that half of them were first editions. I added up the individual sale value for each book based on average ebay sales and skcollector.com and got about $250 for the firsts alone (probably not accurate) Either way if I'm off he still got a good deal, accidentally.

My Dark Tower PB's and for some reason my boyfriends Watchmen...
    IMG-20120219-00354.jpg

On The way (hopefully someday soon..lol):
    IT Artwork
    The John Russo/George Romero Signed Night of the Living Dead script (My boyfriends B-day gift though...hopefully. C'mon CD...lol)
    Pure
    Forthcoming Grabag (4 books..some of which I may not keep)
    Glenn Chadburne DT T-Shirt

Very nice start Teri. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Nobody's collection is insignificant, Teri. Books are makind's greatest invention and even the smallest library is an acheivement! Your collection is greater than mine was at twenty-five.

Give that 25th Ann. It a chance. It feels nice in your hands, reading in an easy chair.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

To tell you, the truth, I think mine is pretty insignificant, but I'm having fun. I know most of what I post has been seen before, but I'm enjoying going through them an reaquainting myself with what i have.

Besides, this is a nice support group for those of us who are moving closer to the poor house!

And your boyfriend's Watchmen is there because it wants to hang out with the cool guys!
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Great start Teri, and I echo Squire's remarks - there are small collections, there are large collections - but there are no insignificant collections, they're equally important, and I'm pleased that you've kicked the ball and are now running with it, forum wise

Comment

I agree, I don't think my collection is very large either, but it's definitely larger than it used to be. Mine collectible book collection started with a single book, which was Blockade Billy. I already had a bunch of book by then, but none collectible. I think when I was 25 I had at least 200 books, but mainly paperbacks and a majority I got for very cheap off Amazon or free when I was in Iraq from people sending a ton of books to the soldiers. I think I left Iraq with at least 100 books in a large Tuff Box along with other personal items.

Your collection started off with a much more valuable book than mine since Blockade Billy only cost $25
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

Blockcade Billy was my first collectible as well. I spent about a year discovering new authors and deciding which I liked and which I didn't.

Stick with CD and you'll find others you like.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Very nice start Teri. Thanks for sharing.
                +1

sk

Comment

Good stuff! Hang around here some and you'll see that your collection will grow quite fast!

Ahhh, that IT is beautiful! I really want it, just don't have the $200 I'd need to buy it (I know it's 125, but shipping...)

Comment

Teri, every collection starts out small. Just remember to beware! Collecting is addictive and can lead to all sorts of complications (empty wallets, too much time spent searching for stuff on the internet, etc.) :-)

John

Comment

Teri, it's great to see another collection thread. You're off to a very good start. FYI, I would say the Watchmen book belongs on that shelf. Even if it's the boyfriend's, you need to read it too.
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

The only problem I see is too many Stephen King books. HAHAHA!!!
                        MDH

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                          The only problem I see is too many Stephen King books. HAHAHA!!!
                          MDH
                          Nah, no such thing as too many SK books, paricularly as Teri's a bit of an SK aficionado

Comment

Theres not a single non SK on that shelf and there won't be until Pure arrives which I only bought to sell later if the movie is a success, and the watchmen of course which I will never read because I can't do Graphic novels. I prefer to see it in my own head thanks. I will however have no choice but to read the DT graphics. I will be purchasing the Marvel Omnibus when I get around to it. It's not exactly top on my list right now. I dont even know if I have a copy of the wind through the keyhole coming because I asked my boyfriend to get me the artist edition from DMG and I have no idea if he did. I don't read my books though, not anymore. They're there to be pretty and collectable not to be read. That's what my sony E-Reader is for and it includes everything SK has published, unlike my bookshelf.

Comment

Teri, it is a slippery slope. I began collecting books by buying first edition hardbound copies of new Stephen King books on the day of release, When I got the anthology 999 featuring a king story I noticed that the copyright page said 'previously published in a limited edition by cemetery dance'. I little Google search and a lot of money later here I am. With that said I cherish my books and cannot imagine not having them.

Comment

Working...
                              X